• Contestant # 1

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Contestant # 2

Votes: 77 81.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Vic

2018 SUMMER EXTRAVAGANZA - 14 & Under Youth Pen Contest

Here are the two entries for the 14 and Under Youth Pen Contest. Both these young competitors did great jobs on their pens. Since there are only the two entrants you must make a hard decision and cast your one vote for your favorite.

Voting is now open and will continue until midnight August 26th. If there should be a tie, a tie breaker poll be conducted August 27th through Midnight August 31st. The winners will be revealed September 1st, 2017.

Contestant #1

Enter my Cigarillo Pen from CSUSA on Red Pearl blank from Packard in the IAP Youth Pen Making Contest 2018. Used pre-drilled blank set tube in with Gorilla glue, let set over night, squared up blank on jig with disc sander. Turned on wood lathe mandrel using gouge, finishing down to bushing size with sand paper, ending up with 600 grit, micro mesh to 12,000, polish out with Hut Ultra Gloss Pen Polish, assembly with turners press.
My project took a full day with ####### coaching.

Entry01-01.jpg Entry01-02.jpg Entry01-03.jpg

Contestant #2

I learned how to make a brick pen at the ##### pen meeting. The wood is cherry and the thin stuff is walnut. Lots of gluing and clamping. I used a hand saw and miter box to do the cuts. My dad helped with the finish because I kept sanding through it.

Entry02-01.jpg Entry02-02.jpg Entry02-03.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

270 views and only 72 of you voted. I know I gecke in every now and then to see how it's going but not 198 time.

Don't forget to vote!

Top Bottom