Vegas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gofer

Finally getting a vacation, a little shorter than I would have liked but that's ok. We are heading to Vegas in early April and was wondering if we have any members in the area that might want to do a breakfast get together?

Right now my wife has the evenings booked up with a couple of shows but no real plans for the rest of the time other than touring the strip and some shopping. Any suggestions for activities for us and our 12 year old daughter?

I wouldn't mind going to check out Nellis AFB but I haven't found an affordable way to get there in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions,

Bruce

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KCW

I don't live there, but we go at least once a year. I would recommend Cirque du Soleil, both "O" and Mystere, are my favorites. If you have a 12 year old, you should stay away from Zumanity. Have fun!

I'm pretty sure you either need base access, or be part of a tour group to get in to Nellis / Thunderbird museum. It is not that far of drive from the strip or downtown if you were to rent a car for the day.

With a 12 year old, I would highly recommend a visit to Hoover Dam if you can swing it, and have never been there before.

Bill

RobS

The damn tour is pretty cool the upgraded version where you get to see the inner tunnels with the Indian tile artwork was really nice. Also there is a place where you can have a professional driver drive you around a race track in a corvette stingray it was awesome!!!

Luxe Cafe in the Vinitian was affordable and really good. Love their pot pie.

You can also hike the red rocks.

bobleibo

If your daughter is a roller coaster enthusiast, definitely head for the top of the Stratosphere at the north end of the strip. It's a blast. Take a walk through the downtown Freemont St. The Beatles Love Show is one of the best ever and certainly appropriate for a 12 year old.
Here's a web site that has a lot of the activities listed across the entire spectrum.
https://www.vegas.com/
Have fun

Jack Parker

Bruce,

My wife and I live in Las Vegas and would enjoy meeting you and the family.

All the above suggestions are good, I would add visits to some of the National Parks that are close, Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire.

Shoot me a PM and we can swap contact info.

Thanks,
Jack

Top Bottom