Vega Duplicator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

I don't have one but if all the parts needed are there seems like a very fair deal. It's been for sale for a while. If I were looking at it I would see if the owner could show me how to use it (if they know). The lesson would be well worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

KenV

That appears to be the PSI version which sets up for very small turnings. Memory is that is about 60% of origional price.

Unless you have a specific use in mind, such as making lots of chess sets, there are better investments in turning gear.

dogcatcher

It is a great deal, but if you have no use for it, it is a $50 dust collector. As far as pens, bottle stoppers and the other stuff most of us make, it wouldn't get much use.

But on the other hand I am a tool junkie and I cannot pass up a bargain, if I saw it I would have another $50 dust collector tp sit on the shelf.

mrgator

Thanks everyone for your input! I've been toying with the idea of turning a chess set. But as mentioned, would be a one and done type of thing. Guess I'll have to sleep on it a little more. Thanks again!

Erik

If it is the same as the one from PSI, then that is similar to the one that I have. Last year, using some 1/16 metal I created snowman and Christmas tree templates to use in the duplicator to make some kids crafts. I was able to turn a couple and they came out pretty good. I had to do a little finish work by hand, but that was mostly cause my templates were not clean.

Top Bottom