Vacation in Savannah, GA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

I will be visiting the Savannah, GA, area this week and have been looking for woodworking related places to visit. Searches have been slim on the internet. Anyone have suggestions, especially wook suppliers?

Thanks
Rick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rhahnfl

Don't know of any wood related stuff but you have to get the buffet at "The Lady and Sons" restaurant. If you've ever seen the Food Network channel and Paula Deen you'll recognize it. It really is some good food.

GaryMGg

Don't know about things wood-related there but you have to go out to Tybee Island and on the way down in the low-country is a local seafood restaurant out in the marsh.
It might be called Uncle Bubba's now.
You'll probably see it as you pass by. Don't miss it, the food and view were amazing.
And Tybee Island is a joy especially in the winter when it's quiet.

DocStram

Originally posted by beck3906

I will be visiting the Savannah, GA, area this week and have been looking for woodworking related places to visit. Searches have been slim on the internet. Anyone have suggestions, especially wook suppliers?

Thanks
Rick

Finding woodworking related places in rural Georgia is pretty much a waste of time. Atlanta has a Rockler's, Woodcraft, and The Mecca for Woodworkers . . . Highland Hardware. There are also a few places where you can buy exotic wood. Once you're outside of the Atlanta area .... in what we call "The Real Georgia" .... you're pretty much out of luck.

Are you driving or flying? If you happen to be driving ... and you're coming thru Macon .... let me know!

clewless

...and while you're walking along the Savannah Riverfront...stop at the Olympia Cafe and enjoy the best calamari on the East coast...we make it a point of stopping there on every trip to Florida.

Joe

Top Bottom