using USPS click 'n ship

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

I have used the USPS click and ship frequently in the past year. Living in a semi-remote area, combined with the high cost of gasoline, it is cheaper and easier to let the mail guy pick up my packages than drive to town. This week, I ran into a little problem. The program simply would not print despite repeated attempts. Finally, I got smart and read the fine print. The usual advice about needing the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader was there but I hadn't noticed that Adobe recently came out with a newer version ( 7.0 ). My old one was 4.0. If you don't have 7.0, it only takes a few minutes to download, and it is free.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

I ran into a different problem w/this about a month ago, Frank. LOML's and my computer are networked and the printer is attached to hers. Hasn't been a problem and using the old Java software from Sun the label printing from my system worked fine. However, since they upgraded (even though I've downloaded the new Acrobat Reader) I can not longer print labels from my system. I have to use hers. Bummer! [V]

alamocdc

I'm not Frank, but no, Jack, the USPS account is free. You only pay for postage. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to do anything other than Priority Mail or better.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I'm not Frank, but no, Jack, the USPS account is free. You only pay for postage. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to do anything other than Priority Mail or better.

There isn't anything to 'figure out'. The site is designed to sell their premium services. As far as I have seen, ordinary parcel post is not possible with this. The site is about 85% user friendly, meaning that you do have to be careful of the wording of some of their links and options. However, overall, I like and use it a lot.

woodwish

7.0 is now standard but 8.0 is due out early in 2006. I use Acrobat Pro for my classes and it is a good tool for what we do. A current version of Reader is good to have, it seems more and more 'net files are being converted to PDF files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom