Used Grizzly lathe, opinions please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Have you looked at the Grizzly site? That or a very similar lathe shows up as a touch over $1000Can or about$800US. I think it is overpriced even with the basic accessories added especially for a manual speed change lathe.

raar25

I agree with Pete. The Grizzly lathe for sale has a reeves drive which is different than then one in the picture and the comparable lathe sells for considerably less new. I would say this is worth $500-$600 since its used ad and from my experience the reeves drive is prone to need frequent maintenance.

Woodchipper

If y9u go with a Reeves drive, make sure it is lubed so the pulleys slide easily. Mine froze up as I hadn't used it for a while and had to scrap the lathe. Couldn't get the pulley to budge.

MRDucks2

You need to inquire about the lathe. The photos show comparisons for the 0632Z, which is a $1350 lathe but the nameplate shows 0462 ( which it looks like) which is a $650 lathe. Either the guy is misrepresenting the lathe, which means he is a crook or he is an idiot, in which case once you show him it is $650 new you may be able to offer $300 and get it. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Rifleman1776

I had a $300.00 Grizzly reeves drive lathe for about ten years. Did everything I ever asked of it. The drive does need minimal maintenance but works fine. This one you asked about is way-way overpriced.

JimB

I have that lathe. It is the G0462 not the one he has the screen shot of. The tools pictured look to be Benjamins Best from PSI. I have a few of those also. They are not expensive tools. I can't tell what the chuck is from the picture.

It is possible that everything in the picture NEW costs about what he is asking. Maybe new it would be a little more depending on the chuck and shipping charges.

I wouldn't buy it because there isn't any price advantage and it appears the seller might be misrepresenting what he is selling.

Check the Grizzly and PSI websites for pricing on the lathe and tools.

Top Bottom