UPS Strikes Again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jarheaded

I sat there like an idiiot waiting for a package that was scheduled for delivery yesterday. It was one of those things that you just reallyneed to turn what I am woring with. The truck pulled into my driveway and the driver pops out with a box. I looked at it and asked if he had anything else for me, he didn't. I went to the web site and found that my package had been checked in yesterday morning and then it was checked out a few hours later. The UPS hub is in the next town over. The package was checked in again around 5pm in the next state over. You just have to love the way they work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Maybe it's because you live on the left-hand side of the road. They can make only right turns and need to circle around your house to do this :)

Jarheaded

I wouldn't know about their rates. I stopped using them a long time ago for shipping, but I can't control what vendors use to ship items to me. I gave up on UPS back when they went on strike and held onto a package that needed to be delivered for 3 weeks. The customer wasn't very understanding (with good reason) and I lost them as a customer since I didn't have time to replace the order. I also had to give the customer a full refund due to the delivery date being totally blown.

JimB

It took them 9 days to get a package from CSUSA to my house. Their website didn't give me any updated delivery information and their customer service was absolutely no help at all. They actually sounded annoyed that I was calling. The good news was CSUSA customer service was very helpful.

Gagler

That's why I switched back to the good 'ole USPS on my sales on that big auction site. Using priority mail with the print postage at home you get free tracking / delivery confirmation for no upcharge, they pick the packages up from your front door (don't need to be present to ship), and they will give you and deliver the mailing boxes and other material to your house at no cost to you.

Jarheaded

That's why I switched back to the good 'ole USPS on my sales on that big auction site. Using priority mail with the print postage at home you get free tracking / delivery confirmation for no upcharge, they pick the packages up from your front door (don't need to be present to ship), and they will give you and deliver the mailing boxes and other material to your house at no cost to you.

And on top of it all, they give you a discount for doing it yourself instead of going to the post office. I use the USPS whenever possible.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I realize this is a annoyed at UPS thread, but FedEx does the same thing (did to me at least). Had a package shipped to me priority overnight. Wasn't delivered by 3:30PM (Friday) so I called. Was told the package was still in Tennessee (I live in Virginia). Then I was told she couldn't help me any more because they had untill 4:30PM to deliver the package before it was considered late.

Surprise surprise..at 4:30PM it still wasn't delivered. So I called. Yep, gonna be tomorrow.

Next day was Saturday, so I called to see when (if??) it was to be delivered.
Was told they had untill 4:30PM to deliver because....it was a Saturday delivery...!
(Guess that pesky ole priority next day thing just kinda got in there way..)

USPS sure is looking good, wish I could command who was used when things get shipped _to_ me.

Daniel

my how things do change. It was not that long ago that UPS was the answer to poor USPS service. I have pretty good luck with UPS but Fed Ex has never been any good about getting packages to my house. Even when I first started turning pens people referred to "Snail Mail". priority mail was definitely an improvement.

Mikey

And on top of it all, they give you a discount for doing it yourself instead of going to the post office. I use the USPS whenever possible.

FWIW, I geta much larger discount when shipping UPS. It helps being at a place with daily pickups.:wink:

The absolute worst places to go are the UPS storeor the hub itself to pay. Much better to have an account on line. For some reason when you ask for a detailed time and cost, if you put down that you will hand the package to the driver or you get daily pickup, the rate is significantly lower.

RonSchmitt

I work for an electrical wholesale house and we got an emergency call from Mitchell Intl airport that they were using a backup system for landings and needed a part NOW. Ordered the part, UPS is bringing it in that day. Delivery time comes and goes so I call UPS. They informed me the that all non-essential flights had to divert to Chicago due to a problem at Mitchell and as soon as the airport fixed the problem I would have my part.
After explaining to them that the part needed to FIX the problem was on their diverted plane, a frustrated looking driver showed up 2 hours later swearing about chicago traffic.

Jarheaded

FWIW, I geta much larger discount when shipping UPS. It helps being at a place with daily pickups.:wink:

It is a wonderful thing that they will pick up the package, but the problem is at the other end. They can't seem to figure out what is going on once they have a package. It's the old story of they have your money, they have your package, they have all the cards. You might get a bigger discount, but the other end is getting high blood pressure.

ehickey

I work for an electrical wholesale house and we got an emergency call from Mitchell Intl airport that they were using a backup system for landings and needed a part NOW. Ordered the part, UPS is bringing it in that day. Delivery time comes and goes so I call UPS. They informed me the that all non-essential flights had to divert to Chicago due to a problem at Mitchell and as soon as the airport fixed the problem I would have my part.
After explaining to them that the part needed to FIX the problem was on their diverted plane, a frustrated looking driver showed up 2 hours later swearing about chicago traffic.

HA! I had to pass that one around the office today.

Lately, my big complaint is with Fedex, who will scan a package as 'delivered' at 5:00pm and then not deliver it until 10:20pm. It will show in their website as delivered, but I don't have the package. I know they are only doing it so they can say it was delivered on time.

Top Bottom