upgraded power to my workshop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

howdy

At great cost I have upgraded the electric service to my workshop. You may be thinking he's got 220v now, or a 500 amp circuit.
wrong oh great turning person...

I now have THREE extention cords running to the shack out back from the house. Two for heaters and one for lights and power tools.
And it still cold in there, might have something to do with the holes in the walls...but thats another story.

Some day i will get a real workshop right after i make money with this hobby for profit thing, and convince my wife that the ad
"make $$$ in your spare time by turning things" was true

frozen pete in new england [^]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pete00

bob

sry i made you start taking more medication.

ah..but..I...scrambling to say something to save face.
this may not get me off the hook with you but

all of them are on a seperate 20amp circuit in house
all a 10/12gague outdoor extentions
at wookshop end i have a 15 amp circuit breaker on each
the two heaters are 1200 watt
all power is turned off when i get back to house.

really...really...really im planning to run "real" power out there this spring.

i probably dont want to ask but does this make you feel any better.

not yet shocking pete

Mikey

Don't worry, For a year and a half I used 2 extension cords running from the house. I finally dug a trench and installed service for a 100 amp panel. I love all the power I have now.[:D]

Thumbs

You don't need to worry about shocking <b>me</b>, Pete! You need to worry about shocking <b>you</b>![;)][:0] BTW, I have a three month supply of heart meds![:D]And I'm thinking about getting one of those home defibrillators, too!

ldimick

I wouldn't have run it so far but I couldn't find one of those adapters that screw in to my outdoor light socket and then provide a place to plug in the extension cord and still use a light. For some reason my local Home Depot doesn't have any in stock.

woodwish

So I go over to my neighbor's house yesterday to see what he was doing, he's not very handy so whenever I hear tools runing I usually head over before he really screws something up and then his wife has to come get me. He can't find an extension cord so he has his hand drill plugged into a set of Christmas lights, one of those sets that have an outlet on the end so you can plug multiple sets together. It obviously did not run very long so he is checking the circuit breakers as he complains about the idiot electrician's that wired the house. I simply bit my lip and headed back home. Somehow after seeing that the three real extension cords you are using seem really safe! [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom