Update on my son

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Thank you to those of you who have prayed and made contact with me concerning the health of my son and grand daughter.

Last week Rhu had her follow-up appointment after having the shunt placed and they were told that things looked good. :)

Today Timothy had his follow-up appointment with the oncologist. To our great relief he has received a clean bill of health. At least as clean as you can get when battling cancer. He will still have the port in for the foreseeable future and will have follow-up appointments every three months for a while.

The doctor said they do not expect to have any more PET scans or MRI's unless he begins to feel sick. They will merely keep up with the blood work looking for cancer markers.

After 4 months on short term disability he will return to work at the beginning of July. (Not sure if his company will be working on the 3rd or not).

He started his job the day after he was diagnosed and the company has been especially gracious to him. They transferred him from one division of the company to another so that he could receive his treatment closer to family.
They then offered him additional sick days and guaranteed his job when he finishes treatment. I'm thinking the four owners are deserving of thank you pens.

I feel like I can breathe for the first time in six months.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rounder

Great news Steve. I would be willing to make a pen to send to you to give to these owners. Very rare to see a company do so much for a new employee. Very deserving. Would anyone else be willing to do the same and show support for this man fighting cancer and this wonderful company?

Woodchipper

That is certainly good news! And his employers are a rare breed that would let a new person have time off for treatment plus allowing him to work closer to his treatment base. Definitely they deserve a pen...a real nice pen.
Also, good to hear that the granddaughter is doing fine.
Keep us posted, please.

magpens

Thanks for posting and sharing your good news with us !!

I will send a pen also. . What sort of pen did you have in mind ?
I have a number of varieties already made .... 30 Cal Bolt Action, Sierra Twist, Jr. Gent, Baron, .......

Please PM me your address.

Great news Steve. I would be willing to make a pen to send to you to give to these owners. Very rare to see a company do so much for a new employee. Very deserving. Would anyone else be willing to do the same and show support for this man fighting cancer and this wonderful company?

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thanks for the update Steve. IAP is more than Pens! For many of us it is a community.

I suspect the road ahead will still have hurdles, but for the present, this is good news, and I am grateful for your family to receive it.

I would love to thank your son's company for being understanding; as a former business owner (small, very small), this is an overlooked and underappreciated aspect in management - compassion with personal circumstances.

If there is a pool of pens for his company, add me to the list! A small item of appreciation from 15-20 strangers/friends would send a nice message - "We are in this together."

Best Regards, Mark

Cwalker935

I am glad to hear that things are going well for your son and grand daughter. I will be willing to contribute a pen for the cause as well. Just let me know it it would be welcome and where to send it.

Thanks for sharing the good news.

SteveJ

I am overwhelmed by your generosity. I know that the company has four principle founders/owners and that others have been instrumental in the process (some HR person has been a fantastic help and his immediate boss has been exceptional). I have asked Tim to give me an idea of how many people he would like to have honored with a gift.

I will PM my address to those of you have offered a pen.

robutacion

I'm glad you guys had positive news after the last months of worry and I also believe the people behind the company deserves some recognition for their efforts and assistance to your son, a rare thing our days...!

I don't have any pens to send you but, if you think having some pens made with some of my Aussie woods would be a bonus, I'm more than willing to send you some blanks from my "stables" just let me know, which ones and how many..!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom