Update from Iraq

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

First, I want to thank all for their prayers for my son while he's been in Iraq. It's almost over. He'll be coming home in a few weeks. They have to go to Kuwait for a few days on Feb 5th. I suspect for debriefing and reindoctrination into the general public. They currently have that everyone is a potential enemy mindset and need to be "reprogrammed", so to speak. He told me yesterday that he'll be back at Camp LeJeune on the 11th, or very early on the 12th. His mother, daughter and I be going down to greet him. That's the good news.

Now for the bad. He will still need our prayers. His wife left him and has had several "boyfriends" since he left. And she told him a few weeks ago. :( She let his auto insurance lapse a few months ago. [V] And she has left both his checking and savings accounts overdrawn. [xx(] She's gone through $10,000 since July and only had about $2500 in necessary bills since she's been staying with her parents.

He has absolutely nothing to show for his time of putting his life in jeopardy while serving his country. His mother and I are doing what we can to stop the bleeding. We took her bank cards and POA, and took his cell phone from her (bills have been $350 to $485/mth). I try not to want to kill the little b*&^h myself, but it's difficult. It is a father's instinct to try and protect his children.

He intends to fight for custody of his daughter b/c she has no income, no driver's license and is now living with a family of strangers. This is where he needs your prayers the most. He said the Marine Corps would release him from the rest of his obligation if he gets custody. Then he can get his engineering degree and move on with his life. He has his GI Bill and a $50K scholarship from the Corps, so he's in good shape there.

Sorry to rant and be so windy. I'm not happy about airing this here, but thought you deserved to know what you are being asked to pray for.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Billy,

We are happy that he is well but sad at the same time for the "events" that took place at the home front. We will pray for his safe return and that he handle this situation when he get home in a civil manner (as hard as it will be).

He will need you the most then...so be strong...for him.

ryannmphs

Billy,
You have my prayers that your son will be home soon, safe and sound. Your family will also be in my family's prays that you can get through what you need to get through quickly.

Man, you are showing a lot more restraint that I could. If someone were to treat my daughter the way your son has been treated, well, lets just say the saw dust and fumes from the finishes I use made me temporarily insane[:(!][:(!]

Ryan

alamocdc

Thanks, all. I know in Whom mine and John's strength lies. And so does he, but he's only 20 and when I was that age I tried to fix everything myself. I didn't have time to wait on God to help... or so I thought. This is what I am hoping to help him avoid or overcome.

woodwish

This is why I don't watch drama on television, real life seems to have stories that are much worse. Billy, you and your family (especially your son) are in our prayers. As the father of children the same age I understand your desire to help but also pray for the power to not kick the b's butt. Take the high road but protect your son.

My oldest daughter was in a real bad situation that I won't go into, but for years I prayed for the patience to deal with it. It did not exactly end the way I wanted but at least it's over, and she has been able to move on. God works in mysterious (and sometimes very slow) ways, but I still believe that prayers are answered eventually.

Mikey

Best of luck to him, both now and in the future. I hope that law enforcement will be able to catch up to her for what she has done and I hope he lands on two feet when all is said and done.

JimGo

Billy,
Please tell him we appreciate what he's done for our country, and regret the trouble it has caused him.

As for the stuff she's done, it may not be illegal, but the abandonment of the family may be an angle with which to drive a wedge between her and the child. There may also be some negligence-related issues (e.g., her obligation to maintain the insurance). If I recall correctly, there are organizations that provide free or significantly discounted legal services to service members, and your son's is precicely the kind of case they look for because he doesn't appear to have done anything wrong. I would strongly encourage you to look into those ASAP, because they can give you better guidance, especially with respect to Ohio law. If I'm wrong, or if they won't take the case, I'd still encourage you to get a lawyer. From what I understand, the laws in many states are heavily weighted (typically properly so) toward the moms getting custody, but an attorney will be able to help navigate the legal process well.

alamocdc

Thanks, Jim, we are talking to a lawyer. I wouldn't know where to begin looking for such an organiztion, but he is talking to JAG to see if they can help. When he found out that she had been unfaithful, he asked us to hire a PI to keep tabs on her. When we found out he didn't have any money, I decided to see if the lawyer we were talking to could take care of that for us. It's probably too late for that now, but we've documented everything to date so at least we have a record of the goings on and aren't reliant on our memories.

Mikey

Well, ou did say the account was overdrafted, so I took that to mean she wrote bad checks, which is an offense. Hey, I know that lots of people do it every day, but at least it's something else in the back pocket.

Randy_

A lot of people don't realise that many soldiers make a much greater personal sacrifice than just spending a year getting shot at. Sorry that your son had to go through this mess. Hope everything works out for thr best!!

elody21

Billy, Prayers, Prayers, Prayers, are with your family and your son. Tell him we all appreciate everything our soldiers are doing. I hope is life can get back to a "normal" and he wins custody of his daughter. He his lucky he has you and your wife to be there for him. Let us know how things go and, venting is always a healthy thing to do. Alice

gerryr

My prayers to you and your son, Billy. Another thing to try is contacting the child protective services in whatever city she lives in. My wife, a psychiatrist, has worked extensively with them in Colorado and Minnesota and, at least in those two states, they don't mess around. The child would taken out of her hands in a heartbeat.

alamocdc

I thought about that, Gerry, and yes, she would be taken from my DIL, but not placed with us. As it is, we get her every weekend. I can't afford to take that chance.

Originally posted by arjudy
<br />Your son is a Hero. Unfortunately, he got mixed up with Benedict Arnold.
Great way to put it.

I would like to hear what JAG and lawyers end up coming up with. I think there is some legal action that can be taken.

You'll be in my thoughts.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom