uninstall kit, disassenble kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I bought this one from PSI and really like it -especially for disassembly.
https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PENPRESSXL.html
I can't guaranty it will protect the click mechanism.
I also waited for a special. I had several others, including milescraft (just for assembly) and I like this the best. I also like the CSUSA lathe inserts for assembly. Everyone will have their own way of approaching this. This is just mine.

Curly

The thing about a press is that it won't work to take every type of pen apart. Because the punch is aligned with the bore it can't always press against the parts properly. Sometimes with a hammer and punch you need to angle the punch so it will catch the lip of the pressed in part because it is the same size at both ends. So a punch that the press will put through the part won't catch the right spot on the other end. Just get the transfer punch set and some grippy rubber gloves to hold a stubborn barrel/cap and to cushion the inevitable missed hammer blows to the top of your knuckle. :eek: That never happens to anybody but me eh! :rolleyes:

carlmorrell

I bought this one from PSI and really like it -especially for disassembly.
https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PENPRESSXL.html
I can't guaranty it will protect the click mechanism.
I also waited for a special. I had several others, including milescraft (just for assembly) and I like this the best. I also like the CSUSA lathe inserts for assembly. Everyone will have their own way of approaching this. This is just mine.

For years, I used a hammer. Bought this, and have been very successful with disassembly. YMMV

JUICEDSS

I find that the punches work great for twist pens but will usually damage the click mechanism beyond repair. I have 2 pair of the rubber tipped vice grips that I have had some success just using both sets and pulling them apart.

steamshovel

I find that the punches work great for twist pens but will usually damage the click mechanism beyond repair. I have 2 pair of the rubber tipped vice grips that I have had some success just using both sets and pulling them apart.

I have used punches, hammers to some sucess. I like the rubber tipped vice grips idea. What a great idea.

I have thought about putting the pen in the freezer for 24 hours minus the ink.

Hopefully the shrinking will be enought to pull apart with rubber tipped vice grips.

Preston

Last edited:

bsshog40

I use the Penpressxl also. So far the only pen I wasn't able to take apart with it was the Rifle Click Pens. That's mainly because it has parts that compress on both ends and when pressing to get one out, it forces the opposite end in further.

sbwertz

Curly

I have thought about putting the pen in the freezer for 24 hours minus the ink.

Hopefully the shrinking will be enought to pull apart with rubber tipped vice grips.

Preston

If the whole pen shrinks from the cold then the fit doesn't change either. Using cold only works when you create a big temperature differential between the parts themselves. Then you get the change in dimensions to allow disassembly. If you heated the pen to say 100F to 125F and then cold sprayed the part you want to remove or dipped it in liquid nitrogen the change in temperature would reduce the interference fit and let you pull it apart..........maybe.

Top Bottom