UFC 225 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members
 
Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.


Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2018, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
edicehouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 3,309
Photos: 0

Default UFC 225

All right, I would watch some from time to time. And still do, however it was because of Rhonda, CM Punk, Brock, and a few others.

Now it cracks me up, they brought in CM Punk, and he got beat. However the PPV was huge numbers. And a big reason was because of his debut. However a lot are complaining about him getting a shot at the main event/PPV. I laugh, because it is entertainment, and he brings more eyes to the event, which means bigger pay days for the athletes in general.

So anyone else watching this weekend?
__________________
27 time Buffalo Wild Wings Challenge Winner
2 time Wild wing Challenge Winner
edicehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
 
Rifleman1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas, USA.
Posts: 7,327
Photos: 0

Default

I enjoy watching MMA. I record and watch when my wife is not around.
__________________
Frank
Mountain Home, Arkansas
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." from Animal Farm by George Orwell
Rifleman1776 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-08-2018, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sachse Tx. 75048
Posts: 918
Photos: 0

Default

The only time I watch is when my son watches. Like you said it's entertainment. He and several of his friends watch it and they're just as serious about it as any other big sporting event. They record them and watch them later if they can't watch the show live. They get very upset if you say the outcome before the other person gets to watch. I'm not a big fan but I enjoy watching with my son laughing at what all goes on. It's come a long way from when it started and everyone who liked it thought it was real. One thing to keep in mind regardless of how fake the wrestling is the are excellent athletes/acrobats.
Kenny Durrant is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
 
EBorraga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 3,269
Photos: 61

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edicehouse View Post
All right, I would watch some from time to time. And still do, however it was because of Rhonda, CM Punk, Brock, and a few others.

Now it cracks me up, they brought in CM Punk, and he got beat. However the PPV was huge numbers. And a big reason was because of his debut. However a lot are complaining about him getting a shot at the main event/PPV. I laugh, because it is entertainment, and he brings more eyes to the event, which means bigger pay days for the athletes in general.

So anyone else watching this weekend?

I get it for free (Don't tell anyone ). I will be watching, assuming I can stay awake. Most of the main events come on around 1am my time.
__________________
I drink because I'm lonesome. I lonesome because I drink. - Aaron Lewis (Between Whiskey and You)

Check out my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/EBWoodworx/
EBorraga is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 1,522
Photos: 5

Default

I watch quite often but only after the main event (reruns) for free. I see where WY has allowed MMA bare knuckle fights, not sure if that sounds good to me.
Likes: (1)
tomtedesco is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-09-2018, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Photos: 12

Default

The UFC, or MMA in general, needs to get a handle on weight cutting. Two main events in a row tainted by fighters missing weight. I was never a big Thompson fan, but he got screwed by UFC. As the #1 contender he flew to the home of a much lower ranked fighter Till (#6 I think) who then missed weight by 3.5 pounds. Then when he lost a decision he got leapfrogged by Till in the standings. Yoel did the exact same thing against Rockhold, no surprise that he missed weight again for the fight tonight. Both Romero and Till used their size advantage and massive weight cuts to work their way up the standings. It doesn't make sense that they should be further rewarded for missing weight. 3 or 3.5 lbs is a huge difference in a fight. Sorry, end of rant
__________________
--Sam
Likes: (1)
Dehn0045 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
edicehouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 3,309
Photos: 0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehn0045 View Post
The UFC, or MMA in general, needs to get a handle on weight cutting. Two main events in a row tainted by fighters missing weight. I was never a big Thompson fan, but he got screwed by UFC. As the #1 contender he flew to the home of a much lower ranked fighter Till (#6 I think) who then missed weight by 3.5 pounds. Then when he lost a decision he got leapfrogged by Till in the standings. Yoel did the exact same thing against Rockhold, no surprise that he missed weight again for the fight tonight. Both Romero and Till used their size advantage and massive weight cuts to work their way up the standings. It doesn't make sense that they should be further rewarded for missing weight. 3 or 3.5 lbs is a huge difference in a fight. Sorry, end of rant
They said he missed by .2 and the UFC decided it was too much weight to lose in an hour.
__________________
27 time Buffalo Wild Wings Challenge Winner
2 time Wild wing Challenge Winner
edicehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Wolf Creek Montana
Posts: 80
Photos: 0

Default WY bare knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtedesco View Post
I watch quite often but only after the main event (reruns) for free. I see where WY has allowed MMA bare knuckle fights, not sure if that sounds good to me.
In my younger days, especially in my Navy days, I saw quite a bit of fighting with bare knuckles. And I have a few scares on my hands to prove it. As I expected, the WY bare knuckles allowance produced a big crowd and a lot of blood. I just wonder how long it will take for someone to get killed or seriously hurt. Seems like boxing is going backwards or people are getting more sadistic. I'll skip the bare knuckles fighting.
Likes: (1)
wolf creek knives is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-11-2018, 09:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Photos: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edicehouse View Post
They said he missed by .2 and the UFC decided it was too much weight to lose in an hour.
It was his previous fight, against Rockhold, that fight he missed weight by 2.7 lbs. It was also an interim Title fight. He reportedly was cutting 22 pounds ahead of this weekend's fight, which at 41 years old and basically solid muscle, is pretty crazy IMO. Docs were probably reasonably worried he could die, so they stopped his cut. There shouldn't be any second chance, if you are supposed to make a certain weight by a certain time you should do it or suffer consequences. Even elementary school kids understand that complaining b/c you weren't given extra time is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf creek knives View Post

In my younger days, especially in my Navy days, I saw quite a bit of fighting with bare knuckles. And I have a few scares on my hands to prove it. As I expected, the WY bare knuckles allowance produced a big crowd and a lot of blood. I just wonder how long it will take for someone to get killed or seriously hurt. Seems like boxing is going backwards or people are getting more sadistic. I'll skip the bare knuckles fighting.
I have heard some compelling arguments that bare hand (no glove or wrap) MMA could be safer from a head trauma perspective. Bloodier, yes, but the risk of breaking your hand would reduce punches to the head and increase grappling and submissions. Elbows are already allowed, which gets pretty nasty sometimes. Bare knuckle boxing is a totally different animal though...
__________________
--Sam
Likes: (1)
Dehn0045 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
 
edicehouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 3,309
Photos: 0

Default

I think the prelim heavy weight fight, well the finish was kind of brutal.
__________________
27 time Buffalo Wild Wings Challenge Winner
2 time Wild wing Challenge Winner
edicehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

Content Copyright © 2003-2018 by Penturners.org, LLC; All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Service   Acceptable Use Policy