Two new kits????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyW

As these kits are priced in GBP's, they must originate from here in the U.K. Woodcraft looks to be a U.S. company though, looking at their website. To save a complicated ordering / delivery path to me in the U.K., does anyone have details of a U.K. Supplier please?

TIA

TonyW

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
As these kits are priced in GBP's, they must originate from here in the U.K. Woodcraft looks to be a U.S. company though, looking at their website. To save a complicated ordering / delivery path to me in the U.K., does anyone have details of a U.K. Supplier please?

TIA

TonyW

Tony, that site and many others like Rockler for instance automatically switch to the currency of the user. I think it's a good idea, especially when it calculates tax and shipping instantly too.

There is nothing complicated about buying from out of Europe. However, sometimes if your order is over £38 ( check this level with Royal Mail, it may have gone up ) then you may get UK import tax when you get it. The post man will leave a slip in the letterbox saying that there is duty to pay when you collect.
I wasn't worried about the duties as the US prices were always cheaper than the UK rip off merchants....:mad:

Yes, it does take longer though.

I also think there are a couple of vendors on the UK forum, but I'm not a member, so can't confirm.

Good luck:biggrin:

magpens

Last edited:

carlmorrell

I have made three mechanic pens. I love them and so do my mechanic buddies. Personally I prefer the antique pewter. I have a gunmetal in the shope, but it is deep in the queue. These days I prefer kits that have a long body.

My only criticism is the wrench seem to be tacked onto the top of the clip, not too well integrated. But that is a minor nit.

Bill Sampson

Without opening the packages, I purchased some kaleidoscope kits from WoodCraft. Have a friend that collects antique kaleidoscopes and thought these would be a nice addition to his collection.

The components, WoodRiver, are quite nice, but as someone has mentioned, WoodCraft does not have directions. Also the refill is very thin and slightly over 2 inches in length. Called the supplier and they e-mailed the directions to me. Also asked about the refills. Was told that the pen was not designed as a daily user, as the ink would not last long. They do have refills, #159326, and recommend you purchase them,(package of 3) with the kits. I don't like giving gifts with less then high quality refills, but if it is not used much, I guess it won't matter.

I am casting the blanks in abalone, which I believe will compliment the pen.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

jennera

My daughter turned this kaliedoscope pen in ebony wood. She is still learning but has has requests from friends who want to purchase some from her. We purchased two kits from WC and the second one had some difficulties with. The top of the pen pulled apart and the plastic jewels inside the kaliedoscope fell out. They are tiny and we weren't able to find all of them. The kaleidoscope still works but is a little less colorful with fewer jewels.

The second photo I took with my cellphone to show Facebook friends how the kaliedoscope looks on the inside.

e423848230ac1d015cd1de610f48a3be.jpg

55aa52c619729792ca5c1f067d8b438c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom