Two days two hawks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

Dad has always loved to go for rides in the country and enjoys it even more so since he had his stroke. We took two trips this week. Just he and I on Monday. We picked up his older brother yesterday who has had his share of health issues as well and drove out to the country where they grew up. They both lit up when they saw their old stomping grounds. It was a great day, two old birds reliving their glory days. Oddly enough, we had two close encounters with two real birds, a couple of hawks during our road trips. I wish my photography was better.

IMG_2362.JPG

IMG_2350.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This is great Cody! I appreciate seeing your time with your Dad and Uncle.

I am battling doing the same with my Mom, but her Dementia is pushing her into being more combative and nasty. But, time with each is precious.

Thanks for posting!

Cwalker935

Get a recorder and record the conversation as you drive through. Get their comments and recollections recorded... that will prove invaluable!

I wish I had done that with my dad.

I wish that I could as well. Dad lost most of his speech as a result of the stroke and conversation is impossible. My uncle is not very talkative so we had a lot of comfortable silence on our trip.

Kenny Durrant

Thanks for sharing. I do appreciate what your doing and saying. My wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last year and although she's not too bad now I'm wanting her and us to spend as much time as possible with our son. I guess my point is to look back at your kids the same way your looking toward your parents. Thanks Again.

Top Bottom