Twitter messages in the companies archives are now for sale!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

They just had a story on the local talking heads news that Twitter will be selling the old messages to companies, so they will be able to spam you more effectively (sorry I should have said advertise to you). They keep all the messages in an archive

Blade runner and that recent Tom Cruize movie is here!

I knew there was a reason not to tweet! :eek:

:clown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SCR0LL3R

I just feel that I'm gonna be bombarded by advertising at every turn no matter what so it might as well be something that I may have an interest in (since now they might know a little about my interests). Not really a big deal to me in this case since I wouldn't put anything in facebook or twitter that I wouldn't say publicly. What I don't like is that email can be (and probably is) used in this way as well.

The little privacy we have left is quickly being taken away. Pretty soon we will be under 24-7 video surveillance even in our own homes.

PTsideshow

The little privacy we have left is quickly being taken away. Pretty soon we will be under 24-7 video surveillance even in our own homes.

Startup Wants To Peek Through Your Home's Wired Cameras - Slashdot

Ok so for free off your site storage for your data and files they want a camera on 24/7 I think I never will need extra storage that bad, and if I did I'll buy another one of the "my book drives" or what ever it's called for $70.00 :biggrin: Or put it on the TV in the shop out back and have it pointed at the roll up door 24/7!:rolleyes:
I do have to say some of the comments down the page were a funny read!
:clown:

SCR0LL3R

Since Google (and any google owned sites) store and use all of the information they collect from you for advertising, here is a good site to use as a search engine instead. I just found it when looking for a more private search engine... https://startpage.com/

They don't store your IP address or your search history, they use the Google search engine for you but keep it all anonymous so you get the perks without the drawbacks. You can also choose their proxy service to keep you anonymous while you browse through the links you click. Sounds like a good thing to me.

Top Bottom