Turning came to a halt.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

islandturner

Broke my leg a week ago. She said shut up and I thought she said stand up.

Good grief, Dudley, you've had a h*ll of a time this past month. You were probably just recovered from the arm injury and now this. Hope you're back at the lathe soon...

Best regards
Steve

leestoresund

What's wrong with using a stool?
I had a friend who, when he broke his leg, put a bracket that he rested his cast on on his motorcycle so he could continue to ride.
You are old enough to think of something useful and creative.
Then get a hearing aid.

Lee

ctubbs

Dudley, thanks for the warning. I've just scheduled a meeting with the heariing aid people. Hurry up, get a stool and start on your way to a perfect healing.
Charles

Jgrden

Wait, how does a broken leg stop you from turning? I use a draftsman stool to sit at my lathe. Can't you do the same, or are you milking the situation?

bitshird

Good luck with the broken leg, a good young guy like you, I'll bet you're back at the lathe in 3 or 4 weeks, if you were as dumb as me, you'd be out as soon as they put on a permanent cast LOL

Dudley,
Hope you get better soon... turning can be a dangerous hobby... had a little accident myself today.. stepped out of my shop onto the cement blocks that I use for steps (Pa Kettle statement... gonna fix them one of these days).. the top block rolled out from under me, I landed flat of my back across the door sill... scared me for a minute the way I landed... fortunately only scraped my arm on the door sill and felt silly for not being more careful.

Get better soon and get a stool.

Top Bottom