turncrafterpro VS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BrentK

I have this lathe on order. I ordered it from amazon due to free shipping and actually cheaper than from PSI. I just have to wait fot it to be delivered. My question is this lathe ok. I know I am kinda late seeing I ordered it already. Some of my rod making buddies have the same lathe and really like it just looking for other opinions.
Thanks
Brent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I hove the non-VS version. It is a nice little lathe. It doesn't have quite the fit and finish of the JET, but otherwise it's very comparable.

I Just recently upgraded to the Grizzly G0462 which I'm definitely impressed by. One of the reason I went with this upgrade is ALL the accessories I have for the TC Pro were a direct fit on the Griz. They both are MT2 1x8TPI machines.

I had only one complaint with my PSI TC Pro and that was it had a crack in the bed. Mine was purchased this way at a severe discount (I think I paid $50) so I knew it was an issue. I still use the lathe, but the bed causes delicate turnings to be slightly out of round. Yours shouldn't have this issue.

tas2181

I have the TC pro non-vs and I am quite happy with it.
The first one I receuved had a crack in the bed near the headstock (sounds like Mike got that one) and the motor burned up in about 1 minute. Bought it thru Steebar a few years ago and at that time I had no problem with getting in contact and receiving help from them.
It appeared to have been dropped at the factory as the packaging was comlpetely intact when I received it. The styrofoam packing wasn't even dented.
A few weeks later I got the new one and haven't had a problem since.

Draken

Odd, my first TurnCrafter Pro (ordered from PSI) arrived with a cracked bed near the headstock as well. Only I didn't notice it until a few months later when the crack finally came through the paint. PSI replaced the bed under warranty, and said to just toss the broken one. Glad I didn't have to ship it back to them. But those months of use with it out of alignment did a number on the bearings and I can't find my PO anymore for warranty work. So now I'm going to use the Grizzly as my main lathe, and take to time to disassemble the TCP and replace the bearings in it.

Top Bottom