Turn for Troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Super Dave

It's that time of the year again. My father and I turned 150 pens again this year. My mom made the pouches. They are all packaged up and will be mailed out tomorrow. I encourage everyone to make a pen for the troops. Woodcraft stores will be having events around Veterans Day, I'm sure others will be also. It's a great cause, please participate .

Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 240
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Truly a wonderful job on these and making it a family event!
The presentation with the pouches and cards say we care!

A couple days ago, I took 50 pair of drilled walnut blanks to our Woodcraft store.
They are planing on doing two Saturdays for Turning for the troops as one day will be turning up front in the store with fewer lathes. The other Saturday will have the classroom/shop set up with more lathes.

Super Dave

Thanks for your kind words. My father is U.S Army retired, so it is extra special for us. My father is 80, my mom 79, It's great to keep them busy and we love doing it. We used to a a local Woodcraft, that is where we got started. I now send them to their corporate office.

Thanks Dave

flyitfast

That is great Dave. Thank you for what you and your family contribute.

The San Antonio Woodcraft is also having a "Turn for the Troops". Hope we get a good turnout. We usually have customers doing the turning and then contribute their pen. It is usually a great hit and we get close to 100 pens every year. It is fun to see the kids and other non-turners when they complete a pen and realize they are donating it to the Military members. There is a lot of pride there.

It has also generated several new members for the Alamo IAP Penturners chapter over the years.

Most of all, it benefits the members of our armed services who need all the attention we can give them as "Thanks" for what they do.

Gordon

Top Bottom