Trying to run with the big dogs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

Well I am feeling pretty inadequate. Entered pens in the kitless, pretty wood and ball point contests and I am not liking my chances. Some serious talent out there. I suspect that I will be slinking back to the porch with my tail tucked between my legs but hey I did get through to the 2nd round of the ballpoint contest. I just hope that the big dogs don't hurt me too much when they run over me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

ARF...ARF...LITTLE DOG!! :eek:

I am not in any of those contests, I just wanted to bark! If you do not enter, you cannot win anything!

If you enter, you may or may not win, but for sure you UP your game, so you can win the next time (and be a BIG DOG). :biggrin::biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
They're not really BIG dogs. They're OTHER dogs. They may have selected the right material, or came with a better design at the right time. It doesn't make you any less a pen maker. Start planning your next contest entry now, if it's that important. It's just something I wanted to say. Not necessarily the gospel. Good luck next time!:wink:

Jontello

I entered a bunch of contests but I so wish I had the skills to enter the kitless contest. Knowing you entered that contest should make you proud! If it doesn't win you could always send it my way. It would be an honor to have your pen as part of my collection. Seriously, you should be proud!

Cwalker935

I did get lucky and won a daily drawing in the trivia contest so I won't be able to get on the losers train. I did not expect to do well in the ball point contest or the pretty wood contest and am pleasantly surprised that my ballpoint made it to the top 10. I am very proud of my kitless pen but recognize that I am a beginner in that area. I might still have a surprise or two up my sleeve and haven't given up hope yet.

stuckinohio

I was happy to place in the top 10 of Ballpoint contest too. I knew #9 would win. That is some beautiful segmenting work. It seems like if you aren't segmenting, you don't have much of a chance to win in a contest with those who do. I don't have the imagination to design one, or the skill for that matter, specially if I am trying to make my own segmenting slices.

I guess tying for 6th place isn't that bad in the ballpoint contest.

Fingers crossed in the pretty wood pen and another contest. I swear half of the battle is taking a good picture. I liked the MPG contests last year where you can see and feel the quality, or lack thereof.

JonTello knows a little about that with his winning pen!

Last edited:
Top Bottom