Trivia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

I was reading something today and it got me to thinking.

If you have a sprinter who runs a 100 meters in 10 seconds and wins by 0.01 sec., how far ahead of the next finisher is he??

And if it is Junior's Number 88 winning Daytona by 0.01 sec., how far ahead of the second place car is he??
The sprinter finishes about 4-1/2" in front of the second place runner.

And DJ's Chev is a few inches less than three feet in front of the second place car.

20056145259_eaglemed.jpg

Dallas, TX................................In Their Memory

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Originally posted by Randy_

I was reading something today and it got me to thinking.

If you have a sprinter who runs a 100 meters in 10 seconds and wins by 0.01 sec., how far ahead of the next finisher is he??

And if it is Junior's Number 88 winning Daytona by 0.01 sec., how far ahead of the second place car is he??
The sprinter finishes about 4-1/2" in front of the second place runner.

And DJ's Chev is a few inches less than three feet in front of the second place car.

10280007.gif
20056145259_eaglemed.jpg

Dallas, TX................................In Their Memory
Not if there's a wreck at the finish involving DJ and the second place car and they limp home at 50 m.p.h..:D

Chasper

I'm suprised that is comes out so similar.

Sprinter slow down near the end of a race. They accelerate for the first 10 meters, reach a peak speed between 10 and 60 meters and slow down the rest of the race. When you see a sprinter come on strong at the end and pass the leaders, it is almost always because the winner didn't slow down as much as the others, not that he accelerated to the finish. Not that it makes much difference to the distance ahead calculation.

Top Bottom