Triple By-Pass Surgery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nativewooder

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

I got back home yesterday afternoon after a triple by-pass surgery at the VAMC in Miami. I can tell you for sure that you don't sleep, except by accident, at the VAMC Miami. I can happily say that I was "swarmed" by nurses of all varieties around the clock. The surgeons, Dr. Symes and Dr. Karas, were and are, amazing men who are far ahead of the field as far as I am concerned. Their surgical teams are guided through the treatment and recovery processes by these two gentlemen with a great attitude that made me feel that they already knew the answers to the questions that their students were researching. Kudos to all the medical personnel who tended to me at the Miami VA Medical Center!!!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Welcome Home Berry! It may hurt for a while, But from what I have seen in others you will feel much better very soon. Hang in there and I will send a prayer or two your way for a quick recovery.

glennw

Welcome home glad to hear you came thru with flying colors and your recovering nicely. I hope as a soon to be retired vet that I get the same care you got if I ever need it. Take care and hope to hear your back in the shop soon.

Haynie

Welcome back from the nothing (What I call the time under anesthesia) I hate that. Do what the docs tell you and you will be doing great in no time. Glad it was successful.

Jim Burr

Banned
Welcome back Barry!
It's a scary surgery, albeit common. As a Respiratory Therapist, I recover you guys of the vent and then make you breathe and cough until you hate us...but you get to walk out! Do all the fun stuff they tell you to and remember to take deep breaths and cough!

bitshird

Congratulations Barry, PLEASE just exercise a bit more restraint than I did. I felt so good after surgery, I way over did it, but you feel so much more energy that it's hard to hold your self down.

Finatic

Barry, glad all went well. Worth the trip, means you'll be around for quite a while. Now. lets get back to the swarming nurses......................

manatee

A word of advice from a person who had his triple bypass in April, don't try to rush the recovery! I returned to my shop too soon and injured myself (chest) and had to be taken by ambuance back to the hospital. Also there is a book you might want to read called "Back To Life after a Heart Crisis" by Dr Marc Wallack and Jamie Colby he is a doctor who ran marathons and had the same surgery we did.

Jgrden

A word of advice from a person who had his triple bypass in April, don't try to rush the recovery! I returned to my shop too soon and injured myself (chest) and had to be taken by ambuance back to the hospital. Also there is a book you might want to read called "Back To Life after a Heart Crisis" by Dr Marc Wallack and Jamie Colby he is a doctor who ran marathons and had the same surgery we did.
This is interesting. Thank you,
John

Bill Sampson

Barry,
Take advantage of the recovery therapy program offeded by your hospital. They will monitor your progress and the healing process will be successful. Don't go faster than they suggest. Been there.
Bill Sampson, Richmond

animefan

Glad to hear that you got through surgery without a hitch. Be sure to take things easy for a while.

tt1106

Barry, Glad the VA took care of you. I have worked for the VA since I exited the Air Force in 1992. Glad you are recovering well.

Top Bottom