The trials of being home alone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Wemm

SHMBO has been away at our daughters for nearly a week now and looks like being there for at least another 3 or 4 days.

SO, I had three options this morning as I put my last pair of clean undies on.

1. Turn them inside out and wear them again, or
2. Go to the shop and buy some more, or
3. Do the washing.

So I elected to do the washing for the first time in our married life, 46 years.
Goes to show, there is always something to learn everyday.

Bob.:wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Bob; If you own 3 pair of underware you should be covered for 12 days. !st day wear then normaly. 2ed day turn them around front to back. 3ed day turn then insde out. 4th day switch them front to back again. After that it's camo until the misses returns, or option 2 or 3. You could also take a shower with them on and get by with one pair. My wife seldom lets me touch the washer or dryer. I have had pink underware in the past. Lots of luck !! Jim S

Bob Wemm

You could just keep wearin em.If they get too crusty just chuck them up and make a bowl.Gas mask and face shield required.

Now, that is a possibility I hadn't thought of.
Thanks for the idea.
I wonder how an "UNDERBOWL" would go at an Exhibition????????
Raises all sorts of, well, I don't know!!

Bob:tongue:

sbwertz

My husband retired while I was still working. At that point, he took over doing the laundry. (He used it as an excuse to buy a big fancy pair of Maytags.) That was fifteen years ago, and he is still doing all the laundry. I barely know how to run the machines. I REALLY appreciate it, too!

sbwertz

The only time my husband wound up with pink underwear was when a big open can of Hawaiian Punch tipped over in the little refrigerator in the travel trailer. His undies were in the drawer under the fridge. He wore pink undies for the whole trip.

Mortalis

Just do the same thing they say for jeans, put them in the freezer at the end of the day when you are done wearing them. The cold of the freezer kills any bacteria.

It's a fact, look it up.

Bob Wemm

Just do the same thing they say for jeans, put them in the freezer at the end of the day when you are done wearing them. The cold of the freezer kills any bacteria.

It's a fact, look it up.

That would bring tears to your eyes first thing in the morning!!!:eek:
You would have to make sure you went to the loo first.

Bob.:)

Know the feeling Bob, my wife was in the hospital from the beginning of December to the middle of April... so I was left at home alone with nobody to talk to except the dogs and the cat... they're demanding, but lousy conversationalists.... fortunately, prior to my current marriage I spent 15 years as a single dad, so I had to learn all the intricacies of being a bachelor, housekeeping, laundry, cooking, child care, etc....... but at my age now, bachelorhood sucks.

Bob Wemm

Know the feeling Bob, my wife was in the hospital from the beginning of December to the middle of April... so I was left at home alone with nobody to talk to except the dogs and the cat... they're demanding, but lousy conversationalists.... fortunately, prior to my current marriage I spent 15 years as a single dad, so I had to learn all the intricacies of being a bachelor, housekeeping, laundry, cooking, child care, etc....... but at my age now, bachelorhood sucks.

Betty has been away since Monday, hopefully she is coming back tomorrow.
We don't have any pets anymore, only stuffed ones and they are even less conversationalists (Geez, that's a big word). The lizards usually run for cover so there is no help from them.
The "Willy Wagtail" birds have just hatched out 3 chicks on the front verandah, but they are not much company either, just go beserk if I go anywhere near the nest.
Oh well, life goes on.
Better go and finish the couple of pens I'm making.

Bob.:)

Top Bottom