Totally redesigned Website

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Hey all, I did away with my premade templates and went out on a limb and designed one myself. Please take a look and give me comments and suggestions. Let me know if you find grammer or spelling errors. Also let me know if any of the links don't work. The pens page does take a bit to load cause I can't figure the thumbnail thing. But all the images are the same size that show up here on the forums. Thanks for looking.

www.wolfespensnthings.com

(Thanks Steve (toolcrazy) for your patience and advice/help on this.)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drawknife

Hi Rob, took an initial look at the site while I was surfing IAP. Nice looking pens by the way. When I was on the pen page and it wasn't maximized the photos don't line up with the descriptions and paypal buttons. I tried it with an apple browser and with IE, both did the same thing. True, if I maximize all is well. I believe its because of the use of <span> tags. Normally span tags are used for inline elements to set different styles. Maybe the use of a table or datagrid might suit your application better. Not trying to upset you, just my initial take on it.

rjwolfe3

I agree with you. Just don't know enough to fix it lol. I did notice that not all my paypal buttons work either. Well I'm going to keep playing with it. I don't have access to other web browers or dial up speeds so for those that don't use Internet Explorer or Cable please let me know what it looks like.

Thanks

negid

I think a frame is in order for the menu buttons. They get kind of lost at the top of the page.

Also some text buttons would look better than just simple text with box outlines.

rjwolfe3

Okay figured out the menu thing for the pens. Let me know if it works better on minimum screens. Thanks for all your comments so far. Please keep them coming. I will work on the buttons for the menu at the top. I would like to fix it so they are on the left hand size and the text starts closer to the top. Haven't figured that part out yet. But I have it up and hopefully I will start selling some pens soon.

Thanks again

drawknife

Yes you fixed smaller screen problem. You do have several table rows at the bottom of the screen with nothing in them if you want to get rid of them before you need them.

rjwolfe3

Man you try to fix one thing and it messes up three more lol. Okay I think the menu links are fixed on the pen page except for the one marked pens. The weird thing is the extra tables space don't show up on my screen but I know that they are there. Thanks for all the comments. I am going to get ready for work and I will look at the rest of the comments tommorrow.

Thanks

negid

Still the same one as before. Except I've changed my mind about the location of the frame. I think it would look better as a top frame than as a side frame.

bitshird

Rob, I use Mozilla Firefox browser, and your pen page is a bit too wide, I use 1024x768 settings and an older flat panel monitor, on a new wide screen it probably has better alignment, images look nice and crisp, and the PayPal buttons looked to be aligned.

rjwolfe3

Good call on the top frame. Think I will change that tomm. And I will see what I can do about making the pen page smaller. Thanks for the comments. I have a lot of work to do yet and I'm trying to remember how to write in HTML.

Thanks again

rjwolfe3

Okay fixed the menu at the top. Basically just made it match the bottom. Still working on making the pen page smaller. Thanks again for all your help.

negid

That looks much better. Centering everything really helped the look too.

Top Bottom