Tools of the trade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Just a random picture of some various tools of the trade.

I haven't posted in quite some time and was really just stopping by to say hi :)

Attachments

• pen-life.jpg
    pen-life.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 228
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotirish

Nice collection of tools! :biggrin::biggrin: Well organized, unlike mine that are.....well......some wear in the shop, I hope. :eek::eek: That is why when I buy something it looks familiar to me. :redface::redface: Then when I get it home I think I will put it in a "special" place....you know right next to the one I could not find which precipitated in getting another. :frown::frown:
Well that is my story and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Carl Fisher

Oh trust me, behind the other lathes is a terrible mess. This is just relatively fresh looking as I got around to putting some of my most often used goodies into somewhat of a logical order.

I can't even find anything behind my metal lathe as it's all just scattered as well as covered in shavings.

Carl Fisher

When he makes fine writing instruments, Carl Fisher doesn't change dies, Carl Fisher changes die holders. :)

It's so much easier that way. My most common dies are always loaded up except for my M14 which is in a 1 1/2" adapter that I can just swap in when needed.

You should see how I do my drill bits. I keep a dedicated bit or bits for each operation. So I may have 10 of the same bit, but they're all grouped together by operation including the matching taps so I don't have to go searching.

moke

Wow.....just when I thought my new metal lathe was well equipped...now I have to buy/make 2 or 3 more die holders!

Top Bottom