Too nice for a clock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

Customer brought this in for anew movement. Wish I could cut it up for pens. Much too nice for a crummy quartz clock.

Attachments

• 20160825_101557.jpg
    20160825_101557.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 235

robutacion

Customer brought this in for anew movement. Wish I could cut it up for pens. Much too nice for a crummy quartz clock.

I tend to disagree with you on that, I get ci=onfronted with that sort of decision almost everyday, should I keep it as is or cut it into pen blanks..???

In certain occasions the decision is quite easy to make, is just too much going for each small piece of that slab/board/disc so, cut it into pen blanks seems the obvious decision but, there are a large number of times where I see a natural slice/board/piece that is just stunning in its full glory, cutting it up into small pieces such as pen blanks, it would completely spoil the natural look of the wood so, I tend to leave it as is and offer it for sale that way, it may be cut at the other end, I can;t prevent that but at least, I wouldn't destroy something that I see a lot more valued in its natural shape as size.

I don't see anything in that wood that would make me slice it into pen blanks, unless I didn't have any other use for it...!

I think you've done a great job doing that clock...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom