Today's Humor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul in OKC

(No offense to any from Tennessee;))

Two brothers, one from Tennessee and one from Alabama, inherit the family ranch. Unfortunately, after just a few years, they are in financial trouble. In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they need to purchase a bull so that they can breed their own stock.

The Alabama brother balances their checkbook, then takes their last $600 dollars out west to another ranch where a man has a prize bull for sale. Upon leaving, he tells his brother, 'When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home.'

The traveling brother arrives at the man's ranch, inspects the bull, and decides he does want to buy it. The man tells him that he can sell it for $599, no less. After paying him, the brother drives to the nearest town to send his brother a telegram to tell him the news.

He walks into the telegraph office, and says, 'I want to send a telegram to my brother telling him that I've bought a bull for our ranch. I need him to hitch the trailer to our pick-up truck and drive out here so we can haul it home.'

The telegraph operator explains that he'll be glad to help him, then adds, “It's just 99 cents a word.' Well, after paying for the bull, the Alabama guy only has $1 left. He realizes that he'll only be able to send his brother one word.

After thinking for a few minutes, he nods, and says, 'I want you to send him the word, 'comfortable'.' The telegraph operator shakes his head.

'How is he ever going to know that you want him to hitch the trailer to your pick-up truck and drive out here to haul that bull back to your ranch if you send him the word, 'comfortable?'

The guy explains, 'My brother’s from Tennessee. He'll read it real slow.'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom