Which tip style most popular?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

Going to start finally making some higher end stuff. I've mostly been keeping the production to kits in the $5-$12 price range, but always use burls, other highly figured stuff, PR, or Acrylic. Most of what I make is rollerball, but I'm thinking that in the higher priced stuff, fountain type pens would be in higher demand. Is this the case, or do rollerball pens pretty much get the market share on everything?

Also, I'm thinking that I may want to make my current boss, our corporate lawyer a nice pen for Christmas. I'm trying to figure out what would be a good choice. I'm leaning toward something like a platinum Baron, Rhodium Gents pen, A Jr Gents II with tapered cap, or even perhaps a JR Statesman. I think any would work great, but have so many choices in rollerball or fountain tip in the different platings.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Is he worthy of the Emperor or full sized gentleman/statesman? [;)]

There are people who love FP...some won't use it. Might be worth your time to investigate that first (for your boss' gift). For platings...I vote for TN Gold or Platinum depending on wood color. Platinum if you are uisng Jr Gents [;)]

Mikey

No, I don't think he's worthy yet. I've been reporting to him for maybe 8 months now, and he hasn't gotten me a raise yet. [;)]

As to what he likes to use... I always thought he was a large pen type guy, then noticed that he likes to use little sissy Pilot V-5 pens.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Mikey
<br />No, I don't think he's worthy yet. I've been reporting to him for maybe 8 months now, and he hasn't gotten me a raise yet. [;)]

As to what he likes to use... I always thought he was a large pen type guy, then noticed that he likes to use little sissy Pilot V-5 pens.

Sounds like he is barely Bic-worthy. [:0][:D]

alamocdc

Mikey, I haven't sold that many of either, but believe it or not the FPs are outselling the RBs so far. It has truly surprised me. Concerning your boss, call me crass, but a so so boss gets a so so RB. Anything beyond that would likely not be poperly appreciated. If it's done well, he'll like it regardless, and you'll get the same amount of brownie points.

Randy_

Originally posted by Mikey
<br />...I'm leaning toward something like a platinum Baron, Rhodium Gents pen, A Jr Gents II with tapered cap, or even perhaps a JR Statesman....

There have been quite a few problems reported with the threads in Jr. Statesman II and the Jr. Gent II. I have not read anything to indicvate that the problem has been corrected yet. I would be very carefull about selling these pens or giving them as gifts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom