It was time for the Rainbow Bridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Just got back from the vet. Had to have our beloved Bagel, a lemon beagle, of 14+ years put down. He had more tumors on his legs he kept biting at, could hardly see due to cataracts, couldn't hear, had a hard time walking and could hardly make the 4" step from the living room to the back porch where his food and water was. Just laid him in his final resting place in the back under the tree where I buried Louie, his constant companion for the the past 12+ years, last August.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Sorry for your loss. I have never been able to explain the loyalty and love that dogs demonstrate to us. We had the same thing four years ago. But we now have two Chihuahua mix puppies that adopted us.

SteveG

I feel an all-encompassing empathy. Your act of kindness is one of the most difficult. At these times, we just have to focus on the love and good that was shared with our best buddy.

studioseven

Mannie, I am so sorry for your loss. I know from experience how attached we can become to our pets.

Seven

leehljp

Member Liaison
I know it hurts when that trusted companion dies.

LOML and I are baby sitting my oldest daughter's black (gray in some places) lab while she and her family are on vacation. The lab is old, has arthritis and it hurts me just watching her go from laying down to standing up. In less than a week, I have become attached to that sweet docile lab. She doesn't have more than a few months left but she has grabbed my heart already.

Good dogs have a way of doing that.

Sorry for your loss.

TonyL

Ugh...sorry for your loss. It really hurts. I still have my goldens on my FB page. I still miss them. I hope your grieving is short.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My thoughts are with you; two "buddies" are 13 and 14, so we will need to work through this also.

gimpy

Just got back from the vet. Had to have our beloved Bagel, a lemon beagle, of 14+ years put down. He had more tumors on his legs he kept biting at, could hardly see due to cataracts, couldn't hear, had a hard time walking and could hardly make the 4" step from the living room to the back porch where his food and water was. Just laid him in his final resting place in the back under the tree where I buried Louie, his constant companion for the the past 12+ years, last August.

Sorry for your lose, you know in your heart you made the right decision. Prayers for you

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

robutacion

There is just no easy way to accept the loss of out pet animals, it hurts and it hurts bad.

I hope that I never have to make a decision like that, I would go to hell and back to prevent it, if I can...!

Maybe a new pet will ease the pain, they are never a replacement, no sir but it seems to work with us, without our pets, things don't feel right...!

Take care,

Cheers
George

stonepecker

I know our pets are waiting for us at the gates. And if for some reason they are noit allowed in I think I will go with them. So many memories and so many smiles. Remember the good times.

There is some lonely dog somewhere waiting for you to 'find' it. Keep looking and share the good times you can.

We feel your pain. Hopefully it will only last a short time.

Top Bottom