Time to get MUGGED!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of weeks ago I wore my new IAP t-shirt to the gym. One of the members asked me what IAP was which I explained. He then asked if he could see my pens so last week I took in my case to show him. He was very impressed, as were the other 3-4 people who gathered around. In the end, I got orders for 8 pens, 5 of them high end. I used to have a web site but took it down and only sell by word of mouth now. This gym is located in a medical complex and has quite a few doctors as members, doctors who have way too much money and like shiny things they can show their friends.
I've always been very low-keyed about my work, mostly because actively selling them was way too much work and my real enjoyment was making them, but if the customer comes to me, I am more than happy to make what they want.
All of this because of a lil' old t-shirt~
Thanks Jeff
Cheers
Bob

Great story! We'll have to keep that in mind for the summer t-shirt design contest. Maybe a "let me sell you a pen" theme.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Can we get T-shirts to the point your vendors are selling them and we can order all colors. Not associated with the bash, just IAP Tshirts?

A couple of weeks ago I wore my new IAP t-shirt to the gym. One of the members asked me what IAP was which I explained. He then asked if he could see my pens so last week I took in my case to show him. He was very impressed, as were the other 3-4 people who gathered around. In the end, I got orders for 8 pens, 5 of them high end. I used to have a web site but took it down and only sell by word of mouth now. This gym is located in a medical complex and has quite a few doctors as members, doctors who have way too much money and like shiny things they can show their friends.
I've always been very low-keyed about my work, mostly because actively selling them was way too much work and my real enjoyment was making them, but if the customer comes to me, I am more than happy to make what they want.
Thanks Jeff
Cheers
Bob

Great story! We'll have to keep that in mind for the summer t-shirt design contest. Maybe a "let me sell you a pen" theme.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Can we get T-shirts to the point your vendors are selling them and we can order all colors. Not associated with the bash, just IAP Tshirts?

Thanks Jeff
Cheers
Bob

I think it would not be feasible to keep all the variations in stock. Colors, long/short sleeve, pocket or not. Plus, what I have found is that there is very low demand for regularly available logo items. What we will probably do is have two or 3 opportunities per year to get in on a bulk buy or the like.

Jeff

firewhatfire

no worries, I like a variety of colors when given the option. That makes it easier to justify buying the next time they go up for sale and I don't mind buying a spare or 2 when I do cause I am messy.:biggrin:

bobleibo

Thanks Jeff
Cheers
Bob

Too late. I already had these shirts made and gave them away free to a bunch of the girls at the gym. It's all in the marketing ~

Attachments

• White-Tank.jpg
    White-Tank.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 157

markgum

I GOTS me MUG and shirt. :biggrin:
Always glad to provide a little support to this great site.
Thanks Jeff for keeping us going. :highfive:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK, here's a little mug update.

Except for two orders that went out yesterday, everyone who is expecting a mug should have it. If you don't, speak up!

Beer steins and green mugs are gone

Red and blue mugs, green desk cups, a couple glass mugs, and t-shirts are still available.

Top Bottom