Thumbnails in Posts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I was talking to a member this morning who was not aware that photo thumbnails can be put throughout a post and do not need to be grouped together at the bottom.

I have to apologize that this feature is not well documented!

I put together a short video to explain how to do this.

[ytmini]ugAaQQVvi5w[/ytmini]

I hope it helps! If there are other functions you'd like to see explained this way, let me know.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Jeff that is way cool. Also if there are other little tricks like this Jeff I think you should post it like you have with this one. Say one a month or two. Thanks.

Lin.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, Thanks for that Jeff.

Do you plan on making more "IAP forum friendly tips"???

They're very easy for me to do.

I'd love to get some suggestions on topics. I'll do another one on attaching photos and using them full size, and maybe one on using the userCP.

BSea

Great tip. I've always just embedded full size photo's, but I think I'll start doing it this way. It saves the step of having to upload photos to something like Photobucket.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Video Tips

Jeff: OUTSTANDING idea! Is there a way that file photos can be inserted into a PM and if so, could that be a topic for a video. I've yet to find a way except from a website. Remember, here, you are dealing with computer dumb!!

I'd love to get some suggestions on topics. I'll do another one on attaching photos and using them full size, and maybe one on using the userCP.

TomW

I think a section of the Library containing links to the videos would be helpful and easy to reference and find.

I'm on it! Just have a bunch of stupid, pay the bills, feed the family, pay the insurance, work to do....

Tom

cwolfs69

Used already

thanks for the tip jeff. i came opn to post the pics for castway box, saw and watched you video first, then was able to post the pics for the pen the way they should be.
great tip, thanks

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Jeff, this was great. I'd like to know how to post photos in PMs as well. Would be real handy for helping new turners with questions. Also, would like to learn how to highlight certain portions of a post, and put into a reply. Guess that's enough for now :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey, that's cool!!! Whodathunkedit??:rolleyes:

I can see that is going to very useful!! Thanks Jeff!!:good::good::good:

Ligget

Thanks Jeff, I also liked listening to your American accent, remember the post "what do you look like" were we could put a face to a name, how about a short video of each member saying a few sentences to camera to let everyone hear their accent. Each member could read the same words, great to hear all the international voices!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Right now, that feature is not provided in this version of our forum software. I will look into installing a modification to enable that. I've wanted it myself a few times.

Jeff: OUTSTANDING idea! Is there a way that file photos can be inserted into a PM and if so, could that be a topic for a video. I've yet to find a way except from a website. Remember, here, you are dealing with computer dumb!!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks Jeff! I've wished for it on a number of occasions! :biggrin:

Right now, that feature is not provided in this version of our forum software. I will look into installing a modification to enable that. I've wanted it myself a few times.

Top Bottom