Threads are no good

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

H2O

I was going through some of my pen kits and found some rollerball kits.
I was going to use one for a test to see if one of my ideas will come out as envisioned.
While putting the parts together, I found that the threads in the cap, don't fit the threads on the pen. It starts to go on, but it stops, like the threads aren't the same.
I have no idea where they were purchased, I have bought some and other people have bought some for me, and I don't know which is which. I have them in a divided box marked with JG. I believe that is for Jr. Gent, since that is the only style I've made.
Any suggestions on a method of fixing these?
I have ten kits and they are all the same way.
This is a little disappointing.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Not such an easy question.

There were Jr. Gents produced quite a while back. CSUSA came out with the Jr. Gent 2 with different threads. CSUSA switched suppliers and the Jr. Gent 2 threads changed again, Other folks had a Jr. Gent 1 produced that were sold here and in Australia, with threads I don't know about..

Best advice, post pictures of the parts - show all of the parts in the kits and maybe someone can tell a difference.

jttheclockman

Try interchanging them all in various combinations. Maybe you have only one mixbreed. How can you have 10 kits and they all are not working??? I remember there was a thread on bad kits but can't remember the details.

Last edited:

Tieflyer

The threads are an insert that is glued into the cap assembly. If the pen starts to screw in but stops or feels like it's cross threading, there it be glue or something in the thread itself. I've used a dental type pick to clean cap threads before and it worked just fine. May not be your problem but here is another option!

H2O

Try interchanging them all in various combinations. Maybe you have only one mixbreed. How can you have 10 kits and they all are not working??? I remember there was a thread on bad kits but can't remember the details.

I tried all of the cap pieces on several of the pen pieces, thinking the threads might be messed up on one or the other. None will thread together.
Having ten of them... I'm guessing they all came from the same supplier?

These can be as old as seven or eight months. I think that's about when I started making pens, or at least getting stuff to make pens.

Not being able to exchange these, without knowing where they came from, I was hoping to be able to fix them.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

I tried all of the cap pieces on several of the pen pieces, thinking the threads might be messed up on one or the other. None will thread together.
Having ten of them... I'm guessing they all came from the same supplier?

These can be as old as seven or eight months. I think that's about when I started making pens, or at least getting stuff to make pens.

Not being able to exchange these, without knowing where they came from, I was hoping to be able to fix them.
Well without your full name and location in your profile, no one can check their records to see if they sold them to you. Also, without a picture can't tell if they are jr gent 1 or jr gent 2 kits.

Top Bottom