Thoughts and prayers requested

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

many of you know that for the past year my wife and I have been taking care of my Mother in law.
This morning at 2:42 a.m. She passed away.
Her death was something that has been a long time in coming, and that my wife and myself are doing well in that regard.
My request for prayers has to do with my wife being able to transition from caring for termenally Ill family members, to a "Normal like that she really cannot remember what it is like. this past year was preceeded by two years of caring for Her sister as she died of Cancer.
three years of her daily activities being dictated by serious needs of others has left her far removed from things like full nights of sleep, as well as most other daly activities. tomorrow morning she will wake up with a lot of time on her hands and not many ideas what to do with it.
I will be taking this week off work primarily to be here to help her start figuring out what to fill that time with.
Please keep us both in your thoughts, and prayers (If you are so inclined) thank you all for being so much more than just a group of penturners.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Daniel, your wife sounds like a heck of a woman; not many people can handle caring for someone for that long. Just that level of care can be emotionally draining, not to mention the physical drain. I am sure these first few weeks will be a difficult adjustment, but she's obviously a strong woman, and I'm sure she will pull through pretty quickly, especially with the kind and loving support you're obviously prepared to provide. But yes, I will keep her, and you, in my thoughts. Please pass on my deepest sympathies to your wife and family.

My condolences.

My wife is going though something similar right now with her family. As you know patience is the most important way to help her, along with being there when she needs you

TheHeretic

I hope the two of you will learn and will become more of a live out type of family now.

God bless you both.

Dean
Columbus OH

Dario

My condolences to you Daniel.

I am glad that there are more people like you who still care for their family...especially their elders. I am very proud of you both [:)]..yes prayers will be said for you but I do think you have it covered.

Your hearts are in the right place...it is all you need to move on (to the right direction).

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
From Britannica, "Care for the sick"

"From the beginning another concern besides healing was care for the sick, an element of the earliest commandments of Christian ethics. At the Last Judgment, Christ the Judge will say to the chosen ones on his right hand: “I was sick and you visited me,†and to the condemned on his left hand: “I was sick and you did not visit me.†To the condemneds' surprised questions as to when they saw Christ sick and did not visit him, they will receive the answer: “As you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.†"

Daniel, you and your wife have certainly risen to the challenges past-those were difficult ones.

Now, take some time to adjust to "normal" life and enjoy each other's company. Rest up for whatever the future holds!!

God will bless you and assist you, as He has in the past.

woodwish

Our prayers are with your family and especially your wife. I know this can be tough, and I hope both of you have someone you can talk with. Hopefully you have good clergy, and you may also have some good couselors available through a local hospice group.

Doghouse

Wish there was something I could say that would help. This is one of those situations, where only time can heal what ails her. She is the only one who will know when she is ready an who knows she may surprize you and take over your lathe[:D].

BigRob777

Daniel,
My wife and I will be praying for your family and for wisdom for you. I am trying to get my wife re-interested in a hobby, but like they say, lead by example. I had a rough time transitioning into forced (disability) retirement, as I was active, before my back went. It will take time, but it sure seems like she has a good man to walk her through it.
Rob

Scott

Daniel,

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss! Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care!

Scott.

Daniel

To everyone, thank you. I had my wife read this thread, and want you all to know shes amazed with the responce. It is very comforting to know that so many would take a moment to care.
thank you all.

melogic

Daniel,
May God bless you and your family and be with you in this time of need. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Murphy

Daniel,
I cared for my father while he was dying of cancer, and he died here in our home. Although my husband was also very understanding I felt I would never get over it all. I now look at that time as the best 8 months we ever had together and I thank God every day that he gave me this time with my father. Your wife sounds like a strong woman. Be patient, she will come around. Go out together and start enjoying each other's company again. My thoughts are with you.

LAKingsFan

I am very sorry for your loss. I know it will be hard, but try to stay strong. When my Dad passed away I was very depressed. I felt like I couldn't handle the sadness sometimes.

One day a thought came to me that helped me a lot. I said to myself...If I could talk to my Dad just one more time, what would he say to me? He would want me to be happy and to be strong. He would tell me...I will always be with you. Remember, this isn't goodbye...It's we'll see each other another day down the road. Made me feel good.

Thought I would share my story with you.

Take care and God Bless

Ron

Daniel, My sympathy in the loss of your loved one. Also my deepest admiration of you and your wife in the love and care you have shown to her Mom. I somewhat know what you have gone through because my Mom-in-law is with us and is 92 and failing quite rapidly. May the Lord be with both of you as both your lives are changing. Perhaps she could take up a long forgotten hobby or some charity work to occupy her time. Most importantly enjoy each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom