Thoughts on a new thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

It seems that every other week someone is finding a great deal or sale on something. The spectraply blanks, and now as Edgar shared the Woodcraft deal on them. Tony is sharing things from different deals he finds. I shared a Nova Chuck deal, so on and so forth.

Now my question is would Jeff put in a section in the Marketplace, where we can all share deals of non represented venders on IAP? Or would that step on too many toes?

I think it would have to be closely monitored by a mod, because it shouldn't be a section that "VENDER A" has 10% off acrylic blanks as much as ALL "BIG VENDER A" has all acrylic blanks for $1 a piece.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

I don't know if we need that 'space' for the non-IAP vendors. Things seem to be working fairly nice the way it is.

To be honest, I would rather buy something from an IAP vendor then anyone else. And I am not afraid to give a little more to a member here, then one of the "Big Boy Vendors".

That is just my opinion.

Sappheiros

I feel like that may be useful, but there may not be so many sales as to require a separate section here. I mean, sure you could post the Sunday ad every week, but it's not something we need to do. It's when a very good deal shows up that you actually post so others may reap the benefits.

edicehouse

The big boys generally don't have to OH MAN sales. The spectraply blanks a few weeks ago from uncle bob's cousin store is an example. The cardboard boxes that were from someplace for $ .51 is another example.

SP it just seems that when a deal like that is available, it may be in general conversation or deals section, or someplace else. Just a thought.

mecompco

I can think of at least four great deals I've found in, IIRC, General Conversation. Those close-out pen carrying cases that Woodcraft had, those really cool LED magnetic lights that TonyL pointed us to, as well as the aforementioned pen boxes from Amsterdam printing and the Spectraply. Honestly, I generally check new posts throughout the day and deals like those show up. I'd probably not find them any quicker in a sub forum. Just my .02.

Regards,
Michael

PS These deals usually seem to be things that our beloved IAP supporting vendors don't offer, so I don't feel bad in taking advantage of them.

SteveG

Two days ago, I was shopping for some lathe tooling suitable to attack the Damascus steel that I acquired. I just stumbled on a one day discount at MSCDirec...25% or 30%. Put it up in Casual Conversation forum. That seemed to work OK, but if someone were just looking for "deals", they might want a specific place to go look.

edicehouse

I can think of at least four great deals I've found in, IIRC, General Conversation. Those close-out pen carrying cases that Woodcraft had, those really cool LED magnetic lights that TonyL pointed us to, as well as the aforementioned pen boxes from Amsterdam printing and the Spectraply. Honestly, I generally check new posts throughout the day and deals like those show up. I'd probably not find them any quicker in a sub forum. Just my .02.

Regards,
Michael

PS These deals usually seem to be things that our beloved IAP supporting vendors don't offer, so I don't feel bad in taking advantage of them.

Lately I have been back hovering the forum a lot more often, I may or may not be signed in. I don't really remember the mag lights you are talking about. I don't remember the 20 or 30 percent off someone mentioned.

alankulwicki7

And to think this thread was going to be about 'thread'.....:confused:

attachment.php

Talk about disappointing:eek:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 126

TonyL

I would like to give that Idea a try...unless it the good or service is a tools or jig etc,, I deposit it in casual conversation. Although, the word still gets out though.

Top Bottom