Those with West System experience

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I was going to place this in the casting forum, but I don't intend on using this for casting.

I'm considering trying the West System epoxy, after reading in several places, that it is a good epoxy for several applications. A bit pricey, but one of the best. I've never used this brand, but might give it a try.
Anyone with experience using West System epoxy, would you care to share where you purchase it? I've looked all over the web, and the price seems to be all over. I'm looking for the 105/207 combination.

Amazon has it, but I'm unsure of which metering pumps to get for it. It seems they are specific to the epoxy, and the descriptions on Amazon are very vague.

TIA for any suggestions.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

If you live near any boatbuilding areas that would have marine suppliers they will likely carry it. Check to see it aint been on the shelf for a while.

dpstudios

What Curly said. Boatbuilding/marina supply is best place to buy.
It's a 5 to 1 mix so the West System pumps are the ones to get and are essential for a perfect mix every time.
It also casts very nicely & turns like butter.
Dan

Thud 54963

West System epoxy

I have used West System numerous times in boat building and now pen turning. It is IMO the best epoxy available. I have purchased from marinas in the area as well as West Marine.

Don't bother to spend the money on pumps. Just measure by volume. Ratios are different for different formulations so I am not going to include them to avoid confusing the issue.

West System has excellent documentation on their website.

longbeard

I cast all my blanks with West Epoxy

20170828_122928.jpg

Harry

Terredax

Banned
Thanks for the responses.

The closest marina that carries the West System products is 45 miles away.
They don't list prices, but I may stop in to see what they have in a couple of weeks, since we will be passing within a few blocks of the place on our way to another destination.

For a different project, I will need a food safe epoxy and I did find a couple that are FDA approved for food contact, but the prices are over double that of the West System. One of them is actually 100% non-toxic. There are no chemicals and no VOCs.

Top Bottom