For those that make "Bullet" pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewboy22

Good Morning Y'all,

A friend of mine is looking for some pens so he came to me. However his request is beyond my skill set. He has 4 5.56 casing that were used at his fathers funeral and would like to make pens from them and give them to some of the family members.

I know I have seen some pens on here that were made using bullet casings so I thought I would reach out to y'all.

Would any of you like to take this job on for me?

Thanks,

Drew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

Are you sure they're 5.56 NATO (i.e. 223 Rem)? All the "volleys over the grave" shellcases I've ever seen are either 7.62 NATO (i.e. 308 Win) or 30-06 Sprg.

That said, I could turn the cases into pen kits for you if you want.

Regards,
Eric

Drewboy22

Are you sure they're 5.56 NATO (i.e. 223 Rem)? All the "volleys over the grave" shellcases I've ever seen are either 7.62 NATO (i.e. 308 Win) or 30-06 Sprg.

That said, I could turn the cases into pen kits for you if you want.

Regards,
Eric

Thanks Eric, I am sure they are 5.56 however I am not sure if they were the actual "Volleys over the grave". He just told me they were used for the funeral.

Thank you for your offer to help make the pens. Please send PM with info needed and address so I can send you the casings. What type of pen would one make out of a casing? Modified Slimline? Bolt Action?

Thanks again,

Drew

Sylvanite

"Three volleys over the grave" is the name of the ceremony where rifles are fired at a military funeral. It's a symbolic gesture that the dead are now laid to rest and the living are ready to "resume the fight".

The kits I make in 7.62 NATO (308 Win) and 30-06 Sprg are based on a slimline kit. That is, they use 7mm tubes and transmission along with a Cross-style refill. They include a fancy slimline clip and finial. The 5.56 NATO (223 Rem) kit is similar but (because the cartridge is much shorter) uses a mini-Cross-style refill (like in the credit card and teacher's pen kits) and comes with a longer tube for the upper barrel.

See:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/21-gun-salute-pen-kit-60184/,
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/5-56-nato-cartridge-pen-camo-blank-92189/, and
5.56mm NATO caliber pen kit - $17.45 : Bullet Pen Kits
for examples.

I sent you a PM with my address if you want me to turn your brass into kits.

Regards,
Eric

Top Bottom