Thinking About A SEPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

How Likely Are You To Attend a Pen Gathering in North Atlanta

• Short of getting sucked into a Martian spaceship, I am there.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • I am somewhat likely to attend.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I won't say never, but not likely to attend.

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • I would consider it, but only in the (name the time of year).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I rather stay home and watch the movie Beaches for 8 straight hours

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TonyL

I was probably the first to register for MAPG and book my hotel reservations, but the long ride for me and imminent business and personal travel would have made it too much for me to travel.

In Atlanta metro suburbds, we have Rockler, Peachtree, and Woodcraft all within a 15 mile radius. I was going to approach them and see if they would be interested in hosting.

I believe I ran this poll before, and I know it's just a poll, and may not approximate reality when the event is actually scheduled. However, I want to give the hosts, and idea of a "likely" turnout. All three shops are very nice and some quite large. You can also visit all three regardless of where the event is hosted. I was even thinking of asking the host to extend a 10% discount or something.

So here goes. I will organize and enlist the help of others.
I don't want the date to compete with any other of the pen turning events.

I was thinking late summer, fall, early winter.

So here's the poll. It would be located in Roswell or Norcross GA..about 25 miles north of the airport.

Thanks for responding and furnish any feedback...including, "Tony..you are crazy!" I am realer eager to meet the folks that compose the IAP.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
If you have it, they will come. First one takes some planning. We were hoping for at least 50 at our first and had well over 100. Be glad to help in any way I can. Don't ask, just do it. Get a team of 5 or 6 and start to plan.

TonyL

Thank you. I remember your advice.

I want to get a commitment from a host store first.

Then I will engage my support. Thanks again and really sorry that I didn't attend MAPG.

TonyL

I am lives two miles from his shop, and have been there twice. I don't if Constant would be open to a visit. His shop is 20 miles north of Peachtree location.

BSea

I am somewhat likely to attend. Atlanta is a good ways away, and SWAT is about the only option around, but it's about 7 hrs itself, and isn't strictly IAP.

southernclay

It would be awesome Tony, close to home would be nice. The rest of the year is going to be tough schedule wise so I wouldn't be able to help much. Happy to help with something small though.

Yes; Yes, Yes I live in Lincoln, Al it's about 100 miles, the good Lord and my health willing I'd be there.

Last edited:

TonyL

Sounds great! Warren...I will take any help. Maybe tracking who is coming or communications. I also have no idea how to set up a website. I guess we will see if this is going to a reality first.

jdmacdo

This year, I did both MPG and MAPG, but that was traveling from Iowa for both of them (4 hours each way for MPG, and 17 each way for MAPG). I doubt that Georgia will make it into my rotation, but I encourage you to start one and give everyone another opportunity to go to a gathering.

TonyL

I already contacted one shop, and asked the owner to call me. He will; I see him and his wife almost every Saturday. Then I will approach the other two franchises.

I need to read the MAPG agenda and see how things are set up.

Thanks for your replies! I have left this poll open several weeks to give all a chance to reply.

TonyL

Thanks to all that replied. As I wrote (I'm paraphrasing) in the LadyCop's (Michelle) thread:

Orlando may be a "better" location, especially for those who live in South Florida. I can't do this myself, if LadyCop get's this going, I will try to help her. For me, it's about meeting the wonderful folks that make up the IAP.

Thanks again!

edstreet

Thanks to all that replied. As I wrote (I'm paraphrasing) in the LadyCop's (Michelle) thread:

Orlando may be a "better" location, especially for those who live in South Florida. I can't do this myself, if LadyCop get's this going, I will try to help her. For me, it's about meeting the wonderful folks that make up the IAP.

Thanks again!

That is indeed very sad to hear as you are going to be loosing some very good groups of people.

It's only 'better' if you want to attract more from florida than from GA/AL/NC/SC/TN.

charlotte -> orlando 524 miles
charlotte -> atlanta 245 miles

key west -> orlando 400 miles
key west -> atlanta 820 miles

birmingham -> orlando 583 miles
birmingham -> atlanta 146 miles

nashville -> orlando 686 miles
nashville -> atlanta 250 miles

See it's all about demographics.

firewhatfire

I might make that drive and could bring about a dozen more pen turners with me. Central Alabama chapter of the IAP would be represented.

Providing I can get leave from work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom