Think I have been insulted!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

Maybe i should make a pole out of this question. I just read my email and got an email from a member of this forum that sells something in the bulk buy program that I DONT BUY FROM;) that from what I get out of it, says that I am racist.

This is from a topic that was posted about the bulk buy program that there was some racist remarks said, not by me but by some other member.

So, am I racist?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Well if you are a racist, you are also a selfserving person who does not care for anyone else...

And I for one know that that is not the case...
Anyone who has the nerve to call you a racist, WE DON'T NEED around here

Johnny have you PM the author and asked him to explain himself? Perhaps he sent it to the wrong person. One of my lessons of late has been that if there is a questionable comment in a topic or pm for that matter, then give the author the benefit of the doubt and contact them privately. Request the facts of his conclusion. Then if you have misunderstood correctly what was said then oyu have solved a problem. If you have understood correctly then place a block on that email adx & send a copy to the mods & let them deal w/ the individual. They can block him from putting ads in the classified forum.
To answer your specific question, we have talked by phone & pm, I have read most of your comments on this forum and have never gotten the idea that you were the least bit racist. SO one question (that I think I already know the answer); will the charity from the pen auction benefit all children at that hospital no matter what the color of their skin?

M

Mudder

I just spoke to Johnny on the phone and I'll say that if he is a racist then I must be one to because every word the man speaks makes perfect sense to me.

Nice to speak to you Johnny and your charity auction is a great thing.

Thank you my brother.

Ron Mc

Johnny,
I'm not sure why someone would say you are racist! I believe this was a mistake. If you are considered racist then I guess I would be too as well as lots of other pen turners?
Blow it off and move on.

rtjw

Pastor, I have emailed him and talked with him. He says that he was not saying that. From the email I received it said that. To everyone I have read the email they think that. I will take him at his word (which is not worth much to me).

I have forwarded the email to Jeff. I think Gordon should be off the forum but for other reasons than the email.

As far as the charity is concerned, It is going to benefit only certain children. Here is who will benefit:

Those that are sick.
Those that are patients at the hospital.
Those that are living.
Those that are dead. (yes, they help with grieving families)
Those that are newborn.
Those that are not newborn.
And only those that I love. (who can tell me how many that is?)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
There's not a person who ever drew a breath who has not been unjustly criticized. Consider the source and let it go. It's not worth another minute of your thought.

I see no racism. I think the lawyers would say, not admissable, facts not in evidence. HMMMM, libel, defamation of character. Penhead you are too much.

Ron Mc

Johnny,
In my opinion you should not have forwarded the e-mail to Jeff. That was an e-mail between you and Gordon and no one else. Think about that. Really, Think about it. Don't blow it off because sometimes Gordon says things that people don't agree with.
I wasn't sure why this thread was started but it is becoming apparent.
Why don't we all just move past some of the members short comings and share our knowledge of penturning? Let's face it, from what I have read over the past 6 months there are none of us in this forum that don't have something about us that other members want to jump on us about. That's what makes this a great forum. We are all different, we have different ideas and we are willing to share. Yet some of the members seem to get jumped. It doesn't do anyone any good in the long run. It only seems to create entertaining threads for some and hurtful threads for others.
I haven't read the e-mail from Gordon to you and quite honestly I don't have the interest or time to read it. I have shared e-mails with him in the past and have accepted him for the type of person he is and under no circumstances would I have shared any of the information with anyone else. I extend the same courtesy to you and everyone else.
Jeff, If for some reason the first paragraph of this reply is found to be against the rules of this forum and it is found to insult Johnny then so be it. I guess I need to be removed from your forum and will move on.
All I want to say to everyone is share your ideas and stop the threads like this one.

rtjw

Ron, you are right in the fact that we should move past peoples shortcomings. But we shouldnt feel insulted. You havent said anything in your reply that I would get upset about. I have emailed gordon back and forth several times. he finally emailed and asked for an "eyeball to eyeball conversation" I emailed him back and gave him my number. If he finds it necessary to call me and talk it over and we come to a resolution, then I will be happy with whatever happens.

coach

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Johnny,
Why don't we all just move past some of the members short comings and share our knowledge of penturning? I don't recall this fella ever discussing pens or showing one he had made.Jeff, If for some reason the first paragraph of this reply is found to be against the rules of this forum and it is found to insult Johnny then so be it. I guess I need to be removed from your forum and will move on.
All I want to say to everyone is share your ideas and stop the threads like this one.

Does that mean this was meant to be an insult?

Ron Mc

Coach,
I wasn't strictly referring to any one members short comings. I was refering to everyones short comings.
"Does that mean this was meant to be an insult?" Not sure what part of my reply you are referring to.

Ron Mc

No it wasn't meant as an insult. But you never know anymore what can be twisted and turned into an insult anymore.

Darley

So then you say is name, personally I don't know you, as certain members do, but for me i don't think you're racist, and you should not take seriouly this person, any one is free to buy they suplier where and from whom they want,

woodbutcher

Hmmmmm, I was called a racist awhile back for sharing an opinion on illegal immigration. I was not insulted by that remark for the simple reason,,, it just ain't so. Labels are created by people who are either in an indefensible position, ignorant or just having a bad day. I like to think it's just a bad day. I see no need to ever ban an individual for statements posted here. I have differing opinions with at least half of the people in this country and most of the rest of the world. I don't get mad or even. It doesn't affect my safety, my bank account or my personal freedom. Just for fun look in the dictionary and see for yourself the definition of "racist." Johnny, get a good nights sleep and see who cares in the morning,

Jim

Daniel

Johnny,
being fairly well certain who sent the "Insult" I have to say my guess is it was ony sent to be insulting. With no regard to facts, true opinion or anyting else.
this someone has a real tendancy to just repaint most things to support there comments. whatever they choose them to be.
not really even worth the energy it takes to get worked up.

JHFerrell

Johnny, I don't know you personally and you don't know me either, but I find it hard to believe that anyone who would do what you have done for that hospital charity drive would be even remotely racist. So, my answer to your informal poll question would have to be no. BTW, I think your contributions to the hospital cause and this forum in general are indicative of a caring and morally responsible man. My hat's off to you.

lkorn

Johnny, As one of the few here who have been to your home and seen what you've accomplished for the benefit of a host of children whose only crime is to have been afflicted with illness or injury, there is no way anyone who knows you would say such a thing. My personnal recommendation is to not lose any sleep over an ignorant statement made by someone with a different agenda.

oldpen73man

I didn't know this thread was going on.
It surprizes me someone can get on a forum and try to burn someone so bad.
This was the exact email Johnny is talking about

Hello rtjw

You received the following message from: oldpen73man (saleshm@direcway.com)

At: http://www.penturners.org/forum/

Selling at cost when I did the bulk buys I guess I didn't miss your money.
So what type of a person are you? We all know from your post. Racist !!
Think Not, I had them build me a custom 50 ft sailboat back in 87

NOTE

The part that got me in trouble was because the Punchuation was wrong.

The word racest was suppose to be start of the next sentence.

Sentences should of been Like This

Hello rtjw

You received the following message from: oldpen73man (saleshm@direcway.com)

At: http://www.penturners.org/forum/

Selling at cost when I did the bulk buys I guess I didn't miss your money.

So what type of a person are you? We all know from your post.

Racist !! Think Not, I had them build me a custom 50 ft sailboat back in 87

I told Johnny I was not calling him a racest and it really bothers me he put it on the forum. I think he wanted to just make me look bad. I do enough of that on my own, I don't need someone to help me and shold be removed.

I don't call anybody a racest and the commebnt I made on the forum was not to be taken as a racest comment. I said the word Chinese
My wife is black dutch. If I call her black dutch is that a racest comment?
I am an american, If you call me an American is that racest.

My best friend Fred is a African American, I remember when everybody was talking about the proper word to call African Americans. I asked Fred about it and he made it clear

Quote "Gordie just call me Fred."

DUH

Get someone else to be your Whipping Boy.
I am not even going to subscribe to this Topic because I have had enough.

Thank You

Gordon

Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Ron, you are right in the fact that we should move past peoples shortcomings. But we shouldnt feel insulted. You havent said anything in your reply that I would get upset about. I have emailed gordon back and forth several times. he finally emailed and asked for an "eyeball to eyeball conversation" I emailed him back and gave him my number. If he finds it necessary to call me and talk it over and we come to a resolution, then I will be happy with whatever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom