Thin Blue Line..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

What kind of blank? Wood, resin? I've made some really pretty pens using Spectraply scraps where I've cut the scrap with the grain into narrow stripes and segmented them into contrasting wood blanks to create easy stripes. You can get some really nice striped effects this way.

Resin or Alumilite..

Thanks for the idea!

What kind of blank? Wood, resin? I've made some really pretty pens using Spectraply scraps where I've cut the scrap with the grain into narrow stripes and segmented them into contrasting wood blanks to create easy stripes. You can get some really nice striped effects this way.

moke

I have made bunches of "thin blue line" segmented pens....Ed from Exotic blanks sell the best solid black blanks and PSI has four packs of solid blue that is about the right color that are dirt cheap. I like Ed's black as it is not real opaque and it is square, there are round solid black out there which is impossible to cut. Its an easy cut and glue up....Make sure to reverse paint the blank and tube....I usually only paint white, but it looks terrible on this, use black.

The difference in color is subtle, so I tried using a thin "white" insert on each side of the blue to set off the blue, and it looked good, but it did not fit the theme. Sorry I don't have any photos at hand....

I retired after 38 years from LE on Feb 1, and the are giving me a little send off dinner Saturday night and I made 11 of these on executive kits to give to my friends.
Just my .02

Last edited:

MTViper

I have found some blanks from Berea...has anyone used these? pic please...

Yes, I found these too and decided to give them a try. They turn and finish very nicely. I've made 3 so far (my son retired police officer, my brother retired police chief & my nephew active police officer). Live in a small town with only 8 officers. Will make one for each officer in the next couple of weeks. I was very pleased with the quality of these blanks for the price.

m4skinner

I cast these, let me know if your interested.

Attachments

• 11951321_941889802544124_3346074049378218741_n.jpg
    11951321_941889802544124_3346074049378218741_n.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 164
Top Bottom