There is an end to everything,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

to good things as well. More commonly quoted as "All good things must come to an end."

Last night it was an end to the Hokies' basketball season.

Today it was my beloved Hokie chair. After puttering around for most of the day, I decided to enjoy the beautiful weather and have a beer. In a nanosecond after settling my but into my favorite chair, I found myself in a most peculiar position- doubled up with my knees in my face. I was not sure how I was going to get up but fortunately Lida was nearby and helped me up. We did not have the presence of mind to get a photo and I did not want to reenact it. Lida was afraid her back would give out helping me get my fat but out of the chair a second time.

2B913796-D84E-49D6-AC27-6AA95A27F869.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I feel it! Happened to me ONE time. Don't trust them anymore :rolleyes:
Glad you weren't hurt. Time for a new Hokie chair. I watched that game too. GOOD game!

I enjoyed the 1st half more than the 2nd half. Duke shut down the threes and used the double team on Zion Williamson to open up their own threes.

Cwalker935

Old metal chairs of different types have a way of doing that.

Being the observant person that you are, have you figured out which part gave way first? My wife always asks me: Can you fix it? :eek: :biggrin:

The material split where it had been seamed. I think it's beyond repair. In any event, Lida has been wanting to replace it.

sbwertz

Something similar happened to my husband. He was sitting on a low rolling stool and when he went to get up, it rolled and he lost his balance and grabbed a nearby door handle. He pivoted around on the handle and fell butt first into an empty plastic laundry basket. I heard him holler and went out and there he was, knees up under his chin and feet off the floor. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get him out! He has spinal stenosis and has problems just getting up out of a regular chair. (He is 6'4" tall and weighs about 230) Finally I had a brainstorm and dragged him and the laundry basket over to the open doorway. With him pulling on both sides of the door frame and me pulling up on his belt, I was able to tip him forward to where his feet were on the floor and he was able to pull himself up enough that I could pull the basket off his butt. The fact that we were both laughing so hard we were weak didn't help. I could just see me explaining it all the the fire department......

Top Bottom