That's right, It's out of round

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

I know Tim has done several of these videos and gets lots of pleasure doing so....however, he is a turner....a professional turner, a teaching turner with an audience, I fear this will lead others to try "turning" items for which the wood lathe was not created. This can lead to injuries or worse.
I feel that if someone chooses to turn objects on their lathe, that is their business.....but do not post a video or pics. Is this fun or reckless?
In this video, he has neither a face shield nor a dust mask.....he is not promoting safety while operating a lathe.

Sorry Curt....I am going with the old fogey / stick in the mud crowd here...the video is out there wether one chooses to watch or not....the message has been sent.

Charlie_W

Some people can't seem to stop being negative. So welcome to my ignore list.

Curt, Not being negative at all. There is a time for fun and games...but not on power equipment and when safety is tossed out the window. I don't know if these videos were posted for YouTube ratings, publicly, or for some other reason...not my call. I can however express my viewpoint as have you.
I'm not interested in creating a debate here at all. Just clearing up that my viewpoint is not negative.

Turn safely!

Top Bottom