Thank you TexatDurango aka George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nickfff

I spent part of the today with George B. in his shop learning kitless techniques and many other tips and tricks. It was really a good time and I learned alot. George is meticulous in his shop (the organization was incredible!), approach and it translates to his work. I feel like I was in the midst of a penmaking genius. I really appreciate George welcoming me to his shop and his willingness to share his techniques.

Thanks George!

Nick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

That's awesome Nick! I wish I had someone close enough to do that with.....:frown:

George has been doing it for some time and has learned what works and what doesn't.....that's the hard part!

Texatdurango

Glad you had a good time and picked up a few tidbits, I tried to make it worth your while driving up!

Now if we can get a few more Arizona locals interested, we can have some regular get togethers at someones shop in the valley and all have a good time. Next time I'll drive and bring the donuts!

Texatdurango

Oh the snow.......... well it lasted about 43 minutes then was all gone. But......... there WILL be more! Back in February I bought a snow blower on sale and only got to use it once, I can't wait to fire that baby up again and hit the driveway! Woo hoo....... bring it on!

Nick, next time you come up bring tire chains!:biggrin:

Seer

Glad you had a good time and picked up a few tidbits, I tried to make it worth your while driving up!

Now if we can get a few more Arizona locals interested, we can have some regular get togethers at someones shop in the valley and all have a good time. Next time I'll drive and bring the donuts!

Count me in George I am up for it. During the summer we should meet at your place.

Texatdurango

Count me in George I am up for it. During the summer we should meet at your place.

Sounds like a plan. I can drive down in the winter months and ya'll can rotate amongst yourselves who will host a get together. And in the warm months ya'll can carpool up here to get out of the heat and play in the shop all day!

So.......... when is the first official get together? We know at least THREE that will be there. :biggrin:

To anyone thinking about getting together, please keep in mind one thing......... it doesn't matter how big or small your shop is or how many tools you have or how advanced in pen making you are to host a get-together. As long as you have a space for a few folks to stand or sit (and sit a coffee pot) you're good to go! As you will quickly see if you attend one, it's all about like minded folks getting together and talking about pens, sharing ideas, stories while eating donuts! :)

Top Bottom