Thank You IAP warning picture of neck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Hello, everyone. I just wanted to thank you again for all the prayers, blessings, and well-wishes from all of you. The posts of concern have been so touching, and the emails and phone calls and visits while I was in the hospital were very nice. I cannot begin to express gratitude for all that you have done for Tom and myself through this ordeal, but it is certainly something we both appreciate and wish to pay forward someday when someone else is in need (not that we want anyone else to be in need!).

With love,
Kelly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

I was asked about how the surgery went and about the concerns for the scar. With Kelly's permission I took a picture of her neck with my phone for my parents. They didn't know the cut on the neck was as long as it is.

200846172936_Kelly%20neck.jpg

btw without the tube in her neck today it looks much better. She does not feel like a borg (star trek) 7 of 9 now.

rlharding

ouch!!!!

It's nicely done so with luck it will heal as the width of a hair. The lower part will probably just look like a neck crease.

I wish you a speedy recovery and for clean tests.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
That picture reminds me of my neck after surgery except they put me back together with super glue. Truly, vitamin E oil a couple of times a day will shrink that wound to where it's nearly invisible. Don't wait too long to start. You can usually start within a week of surgery. Good luck!

DocStram

Kelly .. in all honesty, I'd have to say a big thanks to your surgical team for taking the time to do a nice clean job of closing the wound. My bet is that they worked extra hard to minimize the effect of the incision. Plus, it's been less than a week of healing.

Keep us posted on your progress! :)

bitshird

Tom and Kelly, Very glad to hear that the surgery went well and Kelly is recovering, my best wishes for a speedy full recovery and clear bill of health:)

wudnhed

Kelly, please be assured your scar will fade with time. Do like Lou says and use vitemin E oil on it. I had neck surg. about 9 years ago and you can't even see the scar anymore. Good luck with everything!

Nolan

Boy does that bring back memories:( (ex-wife had hodgkins (sp?) while pregnant with my daughter) Best wishes to you two and wishing you a fast recovery.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Kelly, I am glad things continue to go well. As I told you this weekend I agree that it is a relief to get drainage tubes out! I also agree with those who recommend Vitamin E Oil.

airrat

Had a follow up with the Dr today. She said everything was healing nicely. She was quite impressed with Kelly as I always am. We saw a speech therapist as well. She was happy to know Kelly was eating some firmer foods and gave her some exercises and syllables to work with. We will meet with another therapist in Phoenix in the future, unless we have to come back in a few weeks for radiation. THAT being said we still do not know if Kelly will need it, no pathology report. Maybe tomorrow or the next day. SIGH

We are going to go ahead and fly home tomorrow. Kelly is to remain off work for a few weeks. I am taking a couple days to make sure she is settled in, then I will go back to work.

I do want to say we have been truly blessed by all of our family. You all are now a part of our family and there is nothing you can do about it.

Tom and Kelly

Family? I expect a Christmas card okay...LOL:)

What a life changing week and thank you for allowing us to be a small part of your journey...You have inspired all of us with your courage...and you may well help others with your story...:)

Peace

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Card? I'm showing up for a nice Christmas Dinner. And I'll be over on Independence Day for a swim in the pool. And did I explain to you about how families share burl? :D Seriously, though, enjoy being home together. Still praying regarding the pathology report.

Daniel

Thanks for dropping in, You have both been on my mind and in my prayers these last few days. It is a relief to know you are home. I will continue to pray for both of you.

Top Bottom