Thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andi

Hi everyone
I I wanted to thank all of you for your hard work prepping, donating your time and money to help the blind woodturning programs.
The programs have about a 150 students per mo th through the program we have over a 1000 a year! Woodturning empowered me-to do things I never thought possible. My goal is to help others feel the same way I did when I turned my first pen!This program
Helps to provide confidence in yourself!
It truly is a community program that reaches out to folks who never thought they could do Woodturning !
Thank you all again for making a difference in so many lives.
My school in Tampa is now celebrating 6 years
We are the longest running activities program in te 75 year history of the school.
Thank all of you for your support!
All the programs are ran with volunteers and private donations the schools have no longer funds for extracurricular activities.
I am working on the new program in raliegh north Carolina.
if anyone is able to to help me get this program up and running in raliegh sure could use your help.my email is Andi.sullivan@icloud.com email me your phone and I can call with details.
Thank you all again for all your support!
Andi

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Andi: IAP has stepped up to assist in a very meaningful way, and you are very welcome.

IAP: - I chatted with Andi earlier today on the progress we have made:

1. There are 12 IAP members involved in prepping blanks for 5 different kits that are preferred by the various Visually Impaired Woodturning groups (Funline; Stylus; Gatsby; Key rings; letter openers).

2. A Group Buy was completed for 500 kits for the seven current Programs for the visually impaired woodturners.

3. 250 tubes/blanks have been sent out to IAP members. 210 have been returned completed (cut, drilled, tubed, milled). Some extras have also been mailed back. Another 250 will be mailed out in 4-6 weeks.

4. Several IAP members have also sent Paypal donations to assist in defraying costs.

5. The first 40 kits have been mailed out to programs in: Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Portland.

Anyone who desires to assist through blank prep or small donations can PM me.

Andi has been establishing these programs in conjunction with the annual AAW Conferences. In 2019, Raleigh, North Carolina is the next host city, so that is where we could use volunteers to assist to establishing the next program.

Final note on funding. Previously, these programs had a small amount of available government funding. This has been cut, and they are on their own.

Interested volunteers can contact Andi or myself.

Top Bottom