SVG vector file - Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

I'm trying to convert the attached image into an SVG file, and need a recommendation on software. I've tried Inkscape, but I can't get a good clean path generated, shy of manually tracing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-372665778.jpg
    image-372665778.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 114
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ttpenman

Bear

I'm not sure what you need. Did this real quick, didn't spend any time at it. It would need to be cleaned up quite a bit. Bottom bear is from Corel Use it if it helps.

IAP won't load a SVG so I sent a PDF. If you think any of these will work, PM me an email address and I'll send to you.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Attachments

• bear.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 155

juteck

Thanks Jeff -- that's sort of like what I'm getting with Inkscape. There must be something in the settings to help smooth it out. I'll keep playing.

I've never played with Corel, but it looks like it can give a smoother presentation.

I'll PM my email to you, if you can send the files, that'd be great. Although I wasn't expecting anyone to actually run the conversion for me, just steer me to the right software...... I appreciate you taking the time to play with it.

I'm not sure what you need. Did this real quick, didn't spend any time at it. It would need to be cleaned up quite a bit. Bottom bear is from Corel Use it if it helps.

IAP won't load a SVG so I sent a PDF. If you think any of these will work, PM me an email address and I'll send to you.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Janster

This is now a .jpg IF that helps at all?

Attachments

• image-372665778.jpg
    image-372665778.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 146

ttpenman

It can be made better in Corel. I didn't spend any time on it since I didn't know exactly what you want. On the quick trace I ran I didn't take any time to clean up the excess nodes.

Jeff

juteck

Thanks everyone for your help with this, and those who sent me file copies to work with.

This was a bit of a learning curve for me, but to get clean lines and paths, I found it was best to learn how to use the pen tool and start from scratch tracing vector lines over the graphic image. A few YouTube videos later (and maybe a nap during one of them......:rolleyes:), I half figured out how to use the pen tool with anchors and handles, and was able to digitize the bear into a fully scalable vector line drawing, then save as an SVG file.

IAP really is a great community!

Attachments

• Polar-Bear Path.jpg
    Polar-Bear Path.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 95
Top Bottom