Stylus Magazine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

Good book I look at the Namiki who change for pilot in 1964 they created a FP capless [?] do you think it have a twist mecanism at the end of the pen ? should be, now I konw where Anthony get is gold nib[:D][:p] check the first date

btboone

Some of the Namiki's have a sliding mechanism, I believe. I've seen patents for ones that twist and ones that slide. There's several different mechanisms for the trap doors over the years including ones pulled closed by cable, the pen being sealed off in a secondary inner chamber, a spring loaded one similar to my earlier design, and several others.

Darley

This is awesome thinking, bruce you mention " pulled closed by cable " must be a thin cable for this function, do Stylus magazin got a photo of this pen, Im very interested on this one

btboone

That was one I saw when looking through old patents. It was from the 1930's or something. I think the newer models have a lot more advanced trap doors. One opens to the side as the nib advances.

The US patent office is a great place to do research. Just go to www.uspto.gov and you can search for patents of any given subject. Ones that are expired are free to be used. By definition, they even have to walk you through how to build it and why they are better than what's come before.

I just applied for my 17th patent today as a matter of fact![:D] I check the patent files whenever I want to figure out a tough design problem. Chances are good that it's been done before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom