Stuart Batty demo, Athens GA - Aug 23- y'all come visit

Classic City Woodturners and the Lyndon House Art Center

Sponsor

Woodturning as Art with Stuart Batty
Saturday Aug. 23rd, 9 am - 4 pm
Lyndon House Art Center
293 Hoyt Street, Athens, GA
$25 admission, lunch included – RSVP by Aug 15

Stuart Batty, who is one of the best woodturners in the world, will be doing an all day demonstration on August 23rd, at the Lyndon House Art Center in Athens, GA. The venue is air-conditioned with comfortable seating. The event will also displayed on monitors. This promises to be quite a show. Lunch is included in the $25 admission – if you respond by August 15th. We'd love to have you come join us for the fun.

For full details and registration information on the Stuart Batty demonstration go here:
http://www.classiccitywoodturners.com/Turning Day 2008.html

If we generate enough interest we may also have Stuart teach a 2 day hands on class the following week (Monday25/Tuesday26). Please contact me at jimunder (at) colemancabinets (dot) com if you are interested.

The Lyndon House Gallery will also be displaying works from several local art and craft groups in their Full House Exhibition, which opens Aug 10th and runs until November. Members of the Classic City Woodworkers will also have pieces entered in this exhibit.

Classic City Woodturners, a chapter of the AAW
www.classiccitywoodturners.com

Lyndon House Art Center
293 Hoyt Street,
Athens, GA 30601
706-613-3623
http://accleisureservices.com/lyndon.shtml

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Great Venue

Jim

Dad and I very much enjoyed the program your club had with Dick Sing a while back, and I am going to gladly sign up for this program as well!

Thanks a ton for the heads up!

Robert

underdog

Robert,
I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again. Would you also be interested in a two day hands on class with Stu?

I think the demo is great, but where you really learn something is when he gives a hands on class. Stu says you can learn from the demo, but it's mostly showmanship.

underdog

Deadline approaches - dun da dunn dunn!

Just as a reminder, the deadline for the registration (for the included lunch) is Aug. 15th- yes that's this Friday! We'd like to know how many people are going to attend so as to know how many lunches to provide. Please send your check to our treasurer as noted on the linked web page.

I also still have some open slots for the 2 day class we're trying to put together, so if anyone is interested please let me know as soon as possible. jimunder at colemancabinets dot com

Thanks,

Jim

underdog

Yup. Today's the registration deadline for the all day Saturday demo w/ included lunch. Please give me or Stan (preferably Stan) a shout today to let us know how many lunches to provide!

The two day Mon/Tues class (not the demo) is full, so if you're still interested please let me know and I'll put you down as an alternate in case someone backs out.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Jim, what a great program. Stu is a great demonstrator, and the folks we havent seen in a while were there to catch up with. I know it is a bunch of hard work, for little to no credit, but I sure hope you keep doing this! You guys did a great job with the program!

Top Bottom