streaked when i put the Ca clue finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Please check your kit name ... doesn't look like a Mesa to me !

But that's kinda beside the point the results are very nice indeed !!!! . Love that turquoise ring !!!!

Repromander

Seal

No i didn't seal the decals before hand good suggestion.maybe a small drop on each decal with lath like posting like CREID said? sure would like to spray over them with something first.Lath off.

CREID

No i didn't seal the decals before hand good suggestion.maybe a small drop on each decal with lath like posting like CREID said? sure would like to spray over them with something first.Lath off.

Krylon clear. I am currently using something from rustoleum in clear. I am fairly new to decals and I print my own, not store bought, and I put 3 light coats of clear on before I even cut the decal from the sheet and apply to the pen barrel. I have not used the store bought, so I can only speak from the limited experience I have printing my own.

Repromander

Krylon clear. I am currently using something from rustoleum in clear. I am fairly new to decals and I print my own, not store bought, and I put 3 light coats of clear on before I even cut the decal from the sheet and apply to the pen barrel. I have not used the store bought, so I can only speak from the limited experience I have printing my own.

good idea onRustoleum spray clear :) nai art from http://www.bostonnailart.com/

Woodchipper

Overspraying seals the blank. Fishing rods require a coat of epoxy on the blank to seal it before any decals or hand writing is done.

JodyS

At the FLGAPG last month, someone demo'd decals. He said he'd done extensive research and testing on CA glue, and there was only ONE that he would recommend for that purpose. BGI SuperGold and SuperGold +. He applied the first coat of CA over the decal with the lathe off as mentioned above. I have the glue and the decals, just have to get my lathe back up and running and I'll be testing this for myself.

The Supergold makes some sense to me, since it was specially formulated to not destroy foam that it's being adhered to. If it's "kinder and gentler" on foam, it stands to reason it would be on other surfaces (decals) as well.

edstreet

Foam safe is odorless. It does not generate heat like ECA does. I have videos of me putting supergold on my hand and spraying it with Indra-set and not getting chemical burns. Try that with ECA based CA like stick fast, and ez bond and the like.

It's also good for the lung as it will not cause allergy reactions over time.

Top Bottom