STOP POSTING your email addresses!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I just saw two more posts with email addresses posted.

If you do that, you're asking for trouble in the form of a mess of spam.

We are crawled constantly by bots looking for email addresses. They're smart too, so even replacing the @ with "at" or whatever other cryptic stuff you think fools them is pointless. You can garbage up your email address any way you want and if the bot can't figure it out, it'll get flagged and one of the slimeball spammer humans will figure it out.

If you want people to contact you, ask them to use the forum email. It's single-blind and addresses are never exposed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by jeff

I just saw two more posts with email addresses posted.

If you do that, you're asking for trouble in the form of a mess of spam.

If you want people to contact you, ask them to use the forum email. It's single-blind and addresses are never exposed.

I have used this method for a couple years, IT WORKS!!!!!

Yes, a website will be better, but meanwhile, trust our leader!!!

Scott

I have an E-Mail address I use in connection with the IAP, and I posted that address, once, a couple of years ago. Since that time I average two to three hundred spam E-Mails per day on that address! I had to purchase a spam filtering software to help me get the messages I want, and get rid of the ones I don't want. Let this be a lesson! Don't post your E-Mail address here! If you want to send someone here an E-Mail, go to their user profile by clicking on their name next to their post, and select the option to send an E-Mail.

Scott.

Top Bottom