Stomach flu going around...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I'll spare you all the gory details. Suffice it to say you don't want any part of this stuff.
I have been sick for 4 days straight now, only gets worse every day.
I can't remember the last time I was this sick.

Too weak to walk or do anything else. It feels like someone kicked me in the gut with boots on. It hurts so bad it's making it hard to breathe.
If I don't start getting better today, I'm going to the Dr. tomorrow.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Dr. can't really do much about the flu. I did get a shot for nausea at one time which helped but still had the flu for 10 days. A friend's daughter has some sort of flu. Dr. told the mother that Tamiflu will only shorten the bout by about a day. Hope you will be better in the coming days.

Stomach flu is not the flu... and 4 days is a long time to suffer from what is usually norovirus. Typically a few days and you're on the mend with that. Something getting worse instead of better over 4 days is a good indicator you may want to see a physician.

Disclaimer - I am not a doctor, I just work with a lot of them and play one on forums from time to time. If you're in that much abdominal pain, you should REALLY go see a real one. Last time I thought I was feeling bad and got worse I ended up with emergency surgery to remove my gall bladder and was told if I had waited another 12 hours I'd have found myself in the ICU.

Last edited:

sbwertz

My "stomach flu" turned out to be acute colitis and landed me in the hospital for two days....where I caught hospital-acquired pneumonia which landed me BACK in the hospital for another 4 days. A visit to the Dr. might be a good idea.

gimpy

Back in 2001, had I had belly pain, and after emergency surgery it was 10 days in the hospital till I came out of it. I had what they called parentenise (spelling). 6months I was back in for the 2nd go around for the reversal of the thing attached to my side...

GO SEE A DOCTOR. Please

renichols

Herb G, I sure hope you went to see a doctor. 6 years ago, I was having very similar problems ended up with an emergency surgery to have about 15 in of my colon removed. Within about 3 weeks' time I had 3 emergency operations (3 different problems but all related). Last one I was in the hospital for a month being feed through a tube plus ended up with a temporary bag like Gimpy. Bottom line,Though I was being "man" working through the pain. So please see a doctor if you haven't already. It could be something simple as the flu or something major,

edicehouse

Yesterday morning (around 3 AM) Kelly got up, and was up for the next few hours. We were going to Busch Gardens. Well she was feeling somewhat better, and wanted to go. However the youngest was complaining about not wanting to go. The oldest and I were going to go, then all a sudden the youngest wanted to. Kelly was back and forth, and I finally told her, you stay home, play Zelda, just in case it comes back. Another words she had not been on the toilet in about an hour.

So I stood tall and took the girls, well last night after being home a couple hours Marley started complaining her stomach hurts, so I am just hoping to avoid that bullet.

Top Bottom