A stent in your Ramus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TLTHW

Dave can I ask what the symptoms were?

Glad you're ok.

early in the day while catching second flight, shortness of breath, chest tightness, fatigue and minor chest pain that I thought was from eating McDonald's. Later in the evening my chest got tight, pain just to left of center of sternum and some pressure like I needed to burp. after 30 min of trying water and Rolaids, pain was increasing, couldn't find a comfortable position to sit or lie down. Pain started radiating to left side and jaw, started getting nausea and was having trouble concentrating. So i grabbed my phone, wallet, and room key and had the front desk call the ambulance.

I tell people I am the poster boy for go early. If you catch the issue before the artery closes then you stand a very good chance of avoiding heart damage.

In this case I have been bouncing off the walls because I feel so much better.

stonepecker

Great news.......didn't know the symptoms 20 years ago.
Same thing happened to me in North Dakota. (Don't have a heart attack in Dickinson. No Cardiologist there.) I was using ice to help stop the pain.
Ended up in Bismarck for my first stents (2) So far in 20+years have added 7 more.

feeling find but getting old.

Lee58

I too have had a heart issue but did not have the typical symptoms of a heart problem, the only symptom was heart burn that would come and go. I did go to the emergency room passed all the testing for a heart issue was sent home couple days later the burn came back and this time would not go away back to the ER same thing passed every test. After being in the ER for several hours there is an enzyme connected with a heart issue that showed up in the blood work. This caused the doctors to do the cath. test and they found that the widow maker vein was 90% blocked stent took care of the issue but minor heart damage had occurred. Just be aware that you do not have to have all the symptoms to be having a major heart issue, when in doubt go to the ER your family and friends will thank you!

TLTHW

I too have had a heart issue but did not have the typical symptoms of a heart problem, the only symptom was heart burn that would come and go. I did go to the emergency room passed all the testing for a heart issue was sent home couple days later the burn came back and this time would not go away back to the ER same thing passed every test. After being in the ER for several hours there is an enzyme connected with a heart issue that showed up in the blood work. This caused the doctors to do the cath. test and they found that the widow maker vein was 90% blocked stent took care of the issue but minor heart damage had occurred. Just be aware that you do not have to have all the symptoms to be having a major heart issue, when in doubt go to the ER your family and friends will thank you!

Both times, for me, the EKG was clear and the initial enzyme test was negative but the follow up test after 4 hours showed increasing levels of the enzyme.

6 years ago, when I had my first heart attack, classic symptoms but clear at ER. Was held for second enzyme test and then admitted. That morning I had a hot flash while sitting in hospital bed. Room seemed to warm warm up 20 degrees. They caught that on the EKG and 5 min later I was on the way to the cath lab.

tbroye

Guess my Cardiologist and Cardio Vascular Surgeon couldn't fined my Ramus so they did a quadruple bypass instead. Wife says my incision looks good. Told her try it on my side. Glad you feeling better, so am I finally got back into shop the first of the month.

TLTHW

Guess my Cardiologist and Cardio Vascular Surgeon couldn't fined my Ramus so they did a quadruple bypass instead. Wife says my incision looks good. Told her try it on my side. Glad you feeling better, so am I finally got back into shop the first of the month.

glad your up and around, amazing what they can do for us these days. Doc told me 1 or 2 blockages = angioplasty and stent. More than that they have to operate. On a bright note, did my follow up today and was released back to work with no restrictions.

Top Bottom